The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sold: Well Sorted Fast Track Toy For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've decided to sell my pride and joy!

Started out as a new 2011 5.0 Brembo that I ordered and took delivery of in June of 2010.

Details:
2,700 miles on the chassis and about 1,300 miles on the 5.0 Aluminator Engine
VIN# 1ZVBP8CFXB5131751
I built it with safety and reliability as priorities.
With a full fuel load and 180lbs driver w/helmet, suit, and HANS it scales out at 3,630lbs and a perfect 50.0%/50.0% crossweight. Dry weight without driver will be 3,300lbs
Very competitive in NASA TT2 with a 1st and a 2nd in 3 days of competition. It has proven to be a solid 1/8 mile drag car, auto-x, and time trial beast picking up 19 trophies in the last 6 Mustang Roundup Events in Hastings, NE.
It's even won a couple car show trophies for being good lookin'
It did have some right rear and nose damage back in 2012. It was professionally repaired at my dealership and I have pictures showing the damage. It was a spin in the rain on track that proved it doesn't pay to run in the rain :) Bumper Covers, Quarter were replaced. No parts were repaired, they were all replaced with new factory pieces. Insurance actually covered it back them :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145445961@N04/albums/72157670997965874

I've missed a few details...but, here are the majority of the mods. I priced it very modestly considering the $$$ invested and the time. I think the selling price would cover the replacement cost of the parts....not the labor or the original car itself ;)
I did almost all of the labor myself and I know the car inside and out, that is where the confidence in the machine helps make it easy to drive fast. Alignments and the engine swap were the only things I did have my shop techs help with. It is a very forgiving car and truly handles like a 1st generation miata.....I built a few of those up in the past also.

Ford Racing Aluminator 5.0 w/Boss 302 Intake
Moroso Road Racing Oil Pan
Kooks Catless Headers and X-pipe w/Cooltech's Recommended Coating!
Kooks Axlebacks
Steeda CAI and 93 Octane Tune
Solid Motor Mounts
Steel Clutch Line
Rehagen 302S Breather Kit
Moroso Catch Can
Ford Racing 302S Radiator
Cooltech Oil Cooler
302S Grill
LS Trans Cooler Scoop
Exedy Lightweight Twin Disc Clutch from Rehagen
MGW shifter
Optima Red Top Relocated to Trunk
Griggs Racing Coilovers
Griggs Racing Watts Link
Strano Front and Rear Anti-roll bars
Adjustable Front Anti-roll Links
Ford Racing Relocation Brackets and Lower Control Arms
Drive Shaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft
Drive Shaft Loop
Torsen T2 Diff
Steeda 3rd Link
Cooltech Rear Shock Tower Brace
Kenny Brown Welded In Jacking Rail
ARP Wheel Studs
Ford Racing Track Programmed ABS Module
Steeda Lower Ball Joints
Bump Steer Kit Installed
Whiteline Lower Control Arm Mounts
StopTech STR40 Big Brake Kit
Ford Racing Brake Duct Kit
Hawk DTC 60's Front and Rear
Goodridge Lines w/Castrol SRF
2 sets of Enkei PF01's 18x10.5
1 set of Enkei PF01 18x9.5
Rehagen Racing Hub Mounted Front Wheel Spacers
AMB Hardwired Transponder
Maximum Motorsports 4 Point Roll Bar With Custom Harness Bar and X-bracing
Rear Seat Delete Kit
Sparco Seats w/Sparco Mounts and Planted Bases (Driver’s side in pics, I have the matching setup for the passenger side with Schroth 6 point)
Schroth 6 points
Schroth Right Side Net
Sparco Wheel w/Quick Release
Tiger Racing Fiberglass Hood
G-Stream Wing w/ Larger Endplates And Custom Bracing In The Trunk For Support
LS Splitter and Facia
All-Star Rearend Breather In Trunk
LS Gauge Pod With Autometer Elite Oil Temp, Water Temp, and Oil Pressure Gauges
Pulled all HVAC Pieces, Stereo, Speakers and Wiring.

1 Set of 315/30/18 Hoosier R7’s with less than 100 track miles 2015 date code
1 set of 315/30/18 Hoosier A7’s with less than 20 track miles 2016 date code
1 set of Continental’s mounted. Good rubber for storage purposes only.
12 Ford Racing oil filters
1 Ford Racing front hub with ARP studs installed
5 EZ Fill 5 Gallon Fuel Jugs

Asking $35,000 and I will include a AIM Solo DL Tracktimer/Datalogger and a set of Intercomp Billet Aluminum Wireless RFX scales and Intercomp Leveling Roll-offs. Intercomp Tire Durometer and Tire Depth Measuring Gauges. Intercomp Alignment Plates and Digital Camber/Caster Gauge as well as the mount for mounting the CC gauge on the wheels. All this to help you keep the perfect set-up...$4,000 value for these invaluable tools)

Please PM me and we can exchange phone numbers if you want more details.
Thanks for looking,
Kevin

Re: Well Sorted Fast Track Toy For Sale

Kevin, any replacement planned?

GLWS

VoodooBOSS said:
Kevin, any replacement planned?

GLWS
I do have one more GT350 order to fill 8)......I don't seem to have a lot of time for the current one to track it. 3 weekends in the last 28 months doesn't do this machine justice. A street car would be nice....but, I'm a F150 guy 8)

We'll see what happens here, I had a swap offer for a '13 Boss 302 last weekend that I turned down. He picked up a matte black 302S and was at the Roundup with his S. Not sure what he had planned for 2 track cars. Mine was a couple seconds quicker than his S when I put on some fresher tires, but he has some sorting out to do on his and he is a quick driver.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Kevin:

Your link doesn't show any car pics.

Great mod list!
2HP

302 Hi Pro said:
Kevin:

Your link doesn't show any car pics.

Great mod list!
2HP

They should work now, when I added the pics of the scales and alignment equipment I lost the original car pics. Sorry for the confusion.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Sweet Ride, and a great deal for a Track Car.

The Uber High Speed-Line! (Host slipped in an Uber ad on the last slide.)

GLWS,
Dave
2HP

I've had requests for some more pics. I added more to the album link. There are 53 photos now. Including some of the prior damage back in 2012.

Thanks for looking!
Kevin

Re: Price Reduced: Well Sorted Fast Track Toy For Sale

I've a couple folks show some interest....I lowered the price to $35,000 if that helps generate some more interested parties :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel