The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testing in Detroit.

CDRmd4wWYAMv3me.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
NFSBOSS said:
I was hoping we might see the GT350R-C at Laguna Seca for the May race but from looking at this I'm not so sure. I wonder what is holding them up? Maybe the IRS isn't as fast as the old stick axle? LOL

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/ctsc-bop-changes-released-prior-to-monterey/

imsa_28283203.jpg

Dang. The wait continues. At least they didn't mess with the formula for the 302R.

Yeah...I need to see a true CO with stripes. I think it's the only color they haven't shown. I believe that one is shopped so this is killin me!

That Avalanche, is amazing in person it definitely grows on ya!

NFSBOSS said:
IDK this is looking pretty good. I'll need to see this in person before giving it a thumbs up though.

attachment.jpg

So is this one.

attachment.jpg

I thought that I would have liked the black stripes on the avalanche but this pic is definitely giving me something to think about. that car looks great. I'm kinda on the avalanche bandwagon at this point...despite not having seen one in person.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
tumblr_mme5dfIf6E1r38kv3o1_r1_500.gif

gt350rred13kgped.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
The red is looking pretty good too. Note the Roush on the laptop. ;)

Roush Engineering does a lot of design, testing, and calibration work for Ford; especially on SVT stuff. SVT's HQ is actually in a Roush building.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
That's funny. While I wasn't that hard on the 2015, I've been hoping I'll be able to swing a GT350 in a year. I haven't modded the Boss yet but I'm 'needing' to do so to address some common issues :D . The GT350 addresses many. ;D

I like the red accents on those stripes, and on that black. I think some great color combinations will be produced. Personally, I tend to like stripes on very few cars. Most of the time, they bring the eye up to the very top surface of the shape. Looking at the same car, without stripes, your eye will naturally be drawn toward the midline or lower, with the top being complimentary but never pulling the focus away from the mid/lower section. Keeping the eyes lower insinuates a shape that's much more sleek and sexy. I'd have a hard time not getting white with blue stripes. In West Texas, white is nice in the summer. But every picture I see of the GT350, with the stripes in view, draws my eye to the uppermost surface. That's not the best line on the car, IMO.

Also, I think the Recaros are a must. I sat in a 2015 in the (service) showroom and thought the small, shallow, flat seats really sucked. Otherwise, I think I like the smaller, more airy cabin just fine. It's a definite change in feel for a Mustang. Anybody else feel this way, or is it just me? ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors