The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 twisted 2012 GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Get some really good hub centric wheels ( Apex or Forgeline for example ) and a solid 200 TWR tire and then you will find you will spend whatever it takes to get more track time, ha.

Get some really good hub centric wheels ( Apex or Forgeline for example ) and a solid 200 TWR tire and then you will find you will spend whatever it takes to get more track time, ha.
Bill, i'm dead set now on the Apex 11inch wheels with 315/30/18 BFG Rival S1.5. Ugly.. yea sure.. but it seems the best way for these cars too hook up..

Edit: Got the Radium S197 Hat system fully installed had to open the access hole a bit via bending with plyers to enable clearance to get the ring and old hat out of there. also the connection from Radium hat to existing fuel line is very difficult and not aligned and as a result i can't get the rubber dust cover / exhaust in drivers compartment rubber cap to fully sit down... enter some gaffer tape. Set fuel pressure to 56lbs as previously measured with the factory pump.

holley_filter_1_s197.JPG

twistedneck_heater_hose_PS.JPG

twistedneck_heater_hose_DS.JPG

Last edited:
I also got the fire system installed.. its a Fire Sense SPA "Lite" AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) 4L bottle and 3 nozzles.. one pointing up between drivers legs and two underhood pointing at injector area and headers. Looks cool hope i never have to pull that lever.
Edit: Ignore the doghair, Bolt the big Shepherd has a way of leaping in any open car doors he sees and hanging out for a while..

S197 Fire Pull Handle.JPG

S197 Fire Bottle 2.JPG

S197_Fire_bottle.JPG

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are some other tires that are in the same price range and likely a bit quicker than the BFGs --- though they are a good tire for both an occasional autocross and some track time.

TMO Supporting Vendors