The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

xr7 joins the group of 70 year old speedsters today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome to our group of Ancient Auto Racers on the Planet (AARP ) and you really need to consider making it to the Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup in September because I believe we may have a very large contingent of 70 year olds. Think of the fun we can all have regaling all the young tire warmers , because listening to us tired warmers will amaze them at how fast we used to be! Enjoy your day, celebrate the entire weekend and practice your skills of armchair racing as we need you in the group to really educate these neophyte racers!

Have a great BD,
Bill P

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Happy birthday. I hope I am still able to get on track when I reach 70.
EF1, take care of yourself and you'll get there. I really enjoy the whole experience. Lots of good people sharing the fun at the events. Working on the car. That feeling when you have nailed a great run. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I was 53 on Friday. At the rate I am going I'm not sure if I will still be physically able at 70. I'm heading to Barber on Thursday. This was booked before I knew I was having back surgery back in December. I'm still going to try it and see how it goes. With the cancellation policy MCA had I wasn't going to get any money back anyway.

TMO Supporting Vendors