The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Zajac Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Simply beautiful and great idea on the tribute paint scheme ! Always envy the drivers close to Miller ( sorry Utah Motorsports Campus still sounds funny to me ) as it is one of my favorite tracks and was in my estimation the best place for a driving school in the US. Ford made a boo-boo to leave there , where a student screw up just meant digging in the dirt. Such a safe place to learn and a complete opposite to banks and walls of Charlotte.

Sorry , of track , but I do have one question, noticing were running TT3 but the Supercharger was done February of this year. Did that happen to bump you up to TT2 or is it a relatively mild tune?

Stunning machine, you might just win on intimidation , since it looks like a million bucks!!

Utah
The Saleen Series VI supercharger was installed originally by Saleen in new production in 2006 and is noted by being Saleen #477 S281SC (for supercharged). It does have a mild SC tune pulley so TT3 is no problem. However, I have reduced the weight (with me) down to 3630lb and I am now at the NASA 10lb/hp limit with only a -0.3 mod factor for over 3600lb. The outrageous NASA -0.6 mod factor for using Toyo 315/30/18 tires is tempting but I will stick with Hoosiers for now. The rwhp is mild at NASA avg 382hp but the Torque is 410ft/lb. The Saleen "Supershaker" hood scoop for the best cold air intake possible was installed in February 2021. The Supershaker hood scoop setup was designed by Saleen in 2008 for Saleen Series VI superchargers and was discontinued in 2010. I looked for a couple years to find a used Supershaker setup and bought one in February 2021. It is fast enough but full race lighter weight TT3 track cars always have an advantage as the laws of physics are always in play and lighter is always better/faster.
Thanks for noting the John Player Special livery as 99% of the people, even track guys, have no idea what a John Player Special livery is (always black cars with gold) and you have to be an older guy like me to know and appreciate it!

If I had to do it over again I would not track a supercharged car (heat build up) because of the extra stresses on the motor but here in Utah at the old Miller track - UMC - at 4600 ft altitude and 18%-20% less oxygen, the motor is less stressed.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors