The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

295/35R18 Michelin PS2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nova Scotia Canada
Someone locally has a set of 4 of these tires for sale for a very good price. I’ve spoken to one person who has run these on the track and they had a good experience with them. Wondering if others have had a similar experience.

my other question is my wheels are only a 9.5. I’ve heard mixed reviews on whether or not a 295 will fit and be safe for track use.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
295/35-18 really should be on at least a 18x10 wheel. Because its a 35 with a taller profile, it could fit on a 18x9.5 but it would not have a very good contact patch and would be fairly wobbly. Michelins are great tires but if they do tend to cycle out quite quickly, at least in my experience.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nova Scotia Canada
295/35-18 really should be on at least a 18x10 wheel. Because its a 35 with a taller profile, it could fit on a 18x9.5 but it would not have a very good contact patch and would be fairly wobbly. Michelins are great tires but if they do tend to cycle out quite quickly, at least in my experience.
That is kind of what I had been thinking. Michelin recommends no less then a 10 inch wheel with a 295 but I wasn’t sure if that was a hard fast rule or more of a suggestion

TMO Supporting Vendors