The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Quick dilemma...I'm about to put the track wheels on the Boss but I really should take them in and have them flipped because the outside edge on both fronts and rears is getting worn. I'm worried that the rims will get scratched up taking them in to be flipped and is it worth it since this will be my last track event of the season? I'm a little worried that the fronts might start cording if I don't do it though...I have about -3 degrees of camber on the front but they still got worn out. Thoughts....

dabossinne said:
Wouldn't sweat it too much. They're saying I-80 itself will be fine. Most of the flooding is expected further west and would mostly impact farm ground. And as Bill pointed out, there are alternative routes if needed. But more than likely it won't be an issue regardless.
I just talked to George and he said it's not expected to hit North Platte until Saturday. The riverbed is dry on 281 and it's wide there so even if it floods, it won't get up over the road. I wouldn't sweat this guys. If it did become an issue they'll have detours rerouting you.

Flyboygsxr said:
Quick dilemma...I'm about to put the track wheels on the Boss but I really should take them in and have them flipped because the outside edge on both fronts and rears is getting worn. I'm worried that the rims will get scratched up taking them in to be flipped and is it worth it since this will be my last track event of the season? I'm a little worried that the fronts might start cording if I don't do it though...I have about -3 degrees of camber on the front but they still got worn out. Thoughts....
I just flipped a set of mine. It's always a risk your rims will get scratched when mounting/dismounting, but I have "track wheels" so I don't worry much about it. I just whip out my paint pen and touch them up :D

The other option is WalMart near the track. They'll flip them for $10 in less than an hour....no I'm not kidding and they do as good a job as anywhere.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
The other option is WalMart near the track. They'll flip them for $10 in less than an hour....no I'm not kidding and they do as good a job as anywhere.

Dismount, mount and dispose at Walmart for $20 last time I was there. Tire guy is an ex-racer and took great care with my wheels & tires. Walmart is on 281 (Osborne) on the West side of the road.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Well, I decided to go ahead and flip the tires here before I left so I wouldn't have to deal with them out there ($80 bucks, should have gone with Walmart...no, I hate Walmart...Big business bad).

Long day prepping the Boss and loading it on the trailer. Loading a car on a trailer on your own sucks. I had to use four 4x4's to get it on the trailer because the car is too low to get it on there without them. That plus an oil change, pad and rotor change, and tire swap on the Boss and the trailer...I'm tired

I'm heading out tomorrow so I'll be there Thursday night.

Flyboygsxr said:
Well, I decided to go ahead and flip the tires here before I left so I wouldn't have to deal with them out there ($80 bucks, should have gone with Walmart...no, I hate Walmart...Big business bad).

Long day prepping the Boss and loading it on the trailer. Loading a car on a trailer on your own sucks. I had to use four 4x4's to get it on the trailer because the car is too low to get it on there without them. That plus an oil change, pad and rotor change, and tire swap on the Boss and the trailer...I'm tired

I'm heading out tomorrow so I'll be there Thursday night.

It is a lot of work prepping the car for a track weekend. And getting it cleaned up afterward. But, it's worth it! Right...?
See you out there!

70 cars?!?!!! Awesome!

Car is prepped and ready to go. I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon, shooting for arrival at the track by or before 2:30 pm Friday... Let me know if any east coasters want to caravan together across 80.

Z20WHAT said:
70 cars?!?!!! Awesome!

Car is prepped and ready to go. I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon, shooting for arrival at the track by or before 2:30 pm Friday... Let me know if any east coasters want to caravan together across 80.
Just curious how far East are you? Always cool to see which states are represented.

All good on Transponders now - Thank you to Jarel at Ducati Omaha for additional 24!
Thank you Jackie Nittler for picking them up Friday!

George

Have fun this weekend and post lots of photos!

TMO Supporting Vendors