The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 3rd times a charm 2021 GT500 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Mainly upset you are going to do GridLife in September when you could be at the Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Ne. There you would be competing against a bunch of other Mustangs , not some Guy in a Subaru with a Honda V6 engine and tires as big as yours!!

12-15th at MPH Date is locked but registration is just not up yet.
www.racemph.com

Mainly upset you are going to do GridLife in September when you could be at the Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Ne. There you would be competing against a bunch of other Mustangs , not some Guy in a Subaru with a Honda V6 engine and tires as big as yours!!

12-15th at MPH Date is locked but registration is just not up yet.
www.racemph.com
Whats the date, i’ll come.

Ok so some comfusion about the gridlife events.

this is the events im doing with THIS car thats setup specifically for track mod class and gridlife since i’ll be actually competing.

i will absolutely be doing nasa/hpde’s/ etc etc with my 350 also this year.

@honeybadger i didnt get an invite for supertrack battle so i thought i cant go 🤷🏻‍♂️

TX
Ok so some comfusion about the gridlife events.

this is the events im doing with THIS car thats setup specifically for track mod class and gridlife since i’ll be actually competing.

i will absolutely be doing nasa/hpde’s/ etc etc with my 350 also this year.

@honeybadger i didnt get an invite for supertrack battle so i thought i cant go 🤷🏻‍♂️
bro - steve is signed up, I thought you were coming!

consider this your formal invitation and guilt trip

I need to find a way to get the car there because i have my kid that weekend. I cant take her out of school.
bro - steve is signed up, I thought you were coming!

consider this your formal invitation and guilt trip
if i can find a way to get the car there without taking a week off work i’ll do it

TX
I need to find a way to get the car there because i have my kid that weekend. I cant take her out of school.

if i can find a way to get the car there without taking a week off work i’ll do it
if you want to ship it to me, I'll get it to the track

TX
Update….i accidentally saw the forgelines and my god they look good…so i ordered a second set. We will be trying the nankangs csr’s on the second set for track mod along with the 3r’s. They have done a ton of work but wont send pix til the wraps done, ( its a surprise livery)
This is the only pic ive been sent (yes the passenger seat will be removed for competition). 23 days til supwr lap battle. Cms roll bar. Waiting for cobalt to decide what rear pads to use on this car with the (redacted) weight and (redacted) power And 2020 gt350r front brakes/girodisc rotors and xr1 along with tires and competing class

IMG_4092.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not sure I can see everything , but did they only put in a 4 pt. harness? That will limit you with many groups, and hoping I can't see the front strap/straps for a 5 or 6 point harness.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Not sure I can see everything , but did they only put in a 4 pt. harness? That will limit you with many groups, and hoping I can't see the front strap/straps for a 5 or 6 point harness.
Those are 6 points. Zoom in you can see the sub belts clucked into the bottom.

TMO Supporting Vendors