The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR LCA a relo bracket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have the BMR lca and relo bracket installed for some time now. I noticed that one side has the bracket rather warped and the poly bushing at the bracket end is also very worn and looks like its pushing itself out and getting munged. Any suggestions?? I though about getting the BMR LCA with the metal bushing and having the bracket bent back into shape and weld on some extra plate to beef it up a little. It must have about 20 track days on it so far.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I think you are probably right. The ford racing part has only one position?? It was kind of fun playing with the angle!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I've had no issues with my BMR relo brackets or LCAs. They're stout and do the job well. Certainly no fitment nor NVH issues.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I had a BMR Adjustable Panhard bar with urethane bushings and it clanked and rattled, changed bolts and retorqued and same problem. Installed Ford Racing Panhard bar and no issue. There have been K-Member cracking issues, failures of their tubular front A-Arms and like Matt reported LCA relo brackets that deform under load. There are better alternatives for road course use.
Steve

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm not anti BMR, but I think the only part I'd use right now is their UCA with the big spherical bearing.

But part of the problem IMO, is that I wouldn't use LCAs with all bushings in them. That's a street/strip setup IMO. The rear bushings don't allow bind-free articulation of the axle and that puts more torsion on the brackets instead of 'pin' loads which the bracket should handle fine. The 'correct' arms would be either rubber or heim joint or poly-ball type in the rear.

steveespo said:
I had a BMR Adjustable Panhard bar with urethane bushings and it clanked and rattled, changed bolts and retorqued and same problem. Installed Ford Racing Panhard bar and no issue. There have been K-Member cracking issues, failures of their tubular front A-Arms and like Matt reported LCA relo brackets that deform under load. There are better alternatives for road course use.
Steve

I wouldn't call one incident a reason for saying their parts aren't up to snuff. I have read about the K-Members and A arms which they have beefed up, and I think the K-Member failures were just a couple out of the tons they have out there.

Grant 302

Brandon302 said:
I wouldn't call one incident a reason for saying their parts aren't up to snuff. I have read about the K-Members and A arms which they have beefed up, and I think the K-Member failures were just a couple out of the tons they have out there.

There are part failures and fitment issues from many manufacturers, but it seems they've had more than their fair share with road race applications.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Also have Full BMR rear end stuff on my car( poly/ heim Lca)
with no issues...nock on wood!
Even took off PHB and squeezed KB relocated bar in between
seemed to have a littl better bite back there

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
No argument from me, everyone is entitled to buy what they want. Original post described a condition that outside of accident damage or poor installation should not happen on a road race car. Sort of like the Whiteline UCA that shear off, not a good place to save a hundred bucks over track proven parts.
Steve

Grant 302

steveespo said:
FRPP part has 3 positions, stock, about one inch and about two inches down. It is also a race proven part. BMR stuff looks nice but I read about a lot of fitment issues and NVH issues with their products.
Steve

I think it's 2" and 3" down for the FRPP brackets.

Matt, you did say that your roads in Chile are a bit rough too, right? Might be a factor in bending the brackets.

The FRPP brackets taper down closer to the lower mounting holes and should resist the twisting motion better. You'd just be giving up the lowest 4" adjustment hole.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Ok, seems clear enough!! Thanks everyone. Will get the FFRP relo bracket. Was wondering if the metal bearing LCA was ok for street use or should I get th rubber bushing one??

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mad Hatter said:
Ok, seems clear enough!! Thanks everyone. Will get the FFRP relo bracket. Was wondering if the metal bearing LCA was ok for street use or should I get th rubber bushing one??

PAGING CLOUD9!

From what's been said here, the 302S arms (spherical bearings) are VERY noisy on the street.

I run the 302R arms (poly bushing) and they are fine. A lot less expensive as well.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I run the Ford Racing spherical bearing arms and they are noisy. Of course on track not noisy, but on streets with bumps and potholes etc they knock around. Race only and keep them clean and lubricate with dry film spray lube, no grease which will collect grit and score the ball and seats. Flush with water, blow out with air to dry, and spray dry film lube while twisting the arm back and forth.
Steve

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I am still driving on the street so I guess poly bushings are ok for me. Besides some of our tracks down here are very far from smooth!!

A LCA with a spherical bearing one the axle end and poly on the body side is a good alternative. The billet Steeda arms are nice and work well. I use them with FRPP brackets.

I have had the Steeda LCAs on the car since January with about 10 track days with no issues. I find them to be much quieter than the previous arms with bearings on both ends.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel