The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Boss still has the OEM battery also....still going strong! It has never endured long stretches of extreme hot or cold conditions ( garage kept) & I make sure to drive the Boss at least once a week..that may help it's long life. My Crown Vic battery had a similar life & was still cranking after 7 yrs but I replaced it out of guilt. I'll see how long I can get out of this one........ BTW I"m getting acid build up on one of the terminals for the past few years...I just clean it off with a wire brush when I get a chance... Is this a sign of things to come?

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Gotta neutralize the acid if it comes out. I've been using diluted baking soda and an old toothbrush. Recent development on both cars, right after track days. It's possible I just didn't notice before, but I doubt it. Clean up and petroleum jelly seem to help for now. The acid will stay in the joints and continue to corrode if you don't neutralize, and you'd have to take the cable/terminal connector apart to clean fully.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
No specific ratio, but I use enough water to make it a runny paste. More importantly, though, is to wear old clothes and have enough paper towels, gloves, fender liner when you do it. Don't want battery acid on your skin or clothes you want to keep!

Just got my 68 Bullitt mustang Diecast delivered from Fairfield collectibles. It's 1:24 scale, same as as my Boss 302. I don't believe this size is available anymore. They still offer the next size bigger for the Bullitt but it's $60 more.My Boss 302 loves the company..;)

Photos? ;)

i wish I could, But I have a "dumb" phone,with no skills to attempt that & son is my only hope to get that done. He's on his own mission now-a days.I'll try to rope him in to capture my two "Boys" and post them.JSYK I know most everybody knows how to do things like that but I just I wish I did! I'm Tech handicapped as Bill P. mentioned previously when it comes to showing everybody my stuff...:(

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Happy 6th Boss Anniversary to Bob and Grant. Won'y hit mine till December 21st but I did have to wait nine months to build my baby. Also have the original battery and never had any crud build up on the terminals. I clean them often and tender it over the winter.

Speaking of which, 2-6 inches of snow in the forecast for Denver, late Sunday into Monday morning. Mondays high 38 degrees. Low of 22 tomorrow. Better blow out the sprinkler system today.

Tymeslayer, How'd you make out with your snow the other day? Still having a mild October here, all tho it may get to the high 40's tonite. I pray for all those folks in Cali dealing with those terrible fires burning out of control! Doesn't this seem like a bad year for a lot of people weather wise and other events?

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors