The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So what tracks have you run since you are in the NE corner of Pennsylvania? Just wondered as you are fairly close to Watkins Glen from that part of PA..

Welcome !

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Pennsylvania
So what tracks have you run since you are in the NE corner of Pennsylvania? Just wondered as you are fairly close to Watkins Glen from that part of PA..

Welcome !
Hi Bill, Watkins Glenn but that was back in the early 90s I was driving a Thunderbird SC. With the Boss I have been to Mid-Ohio, Pitt Race Complex, Pocono and New Jersey Motorsports Park. I typically do SCCA Track Nights but I have run with Auto Interests at Mid-Ohio and Pitt. I get in more Auto X time than track.

Hi Bill, Watkins Glenn but that was back in the early 90s I was driving a Thunderbird SC. With the Boss I have been to Mid-Ohio, Pitt Race Complex, Pocono and New Jersey Motorsports Park. I typically do SCCA Track Nights but I have run with Auto Interests at Mid-Ohio and Pitt. I get in more Auto X time than track.
Have any pics of the Super Coupe? I have an '89; can't imagine the head gaskets lasting long on track.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Pennsylvania
Have any pics of the Super Coupe? I have an '89; can't imagine the head gaskets lasting long on track.
Only had it on the track for two weekends, I did more drag racing than track. Ordered new, lowered it, had two of the super chargers replaced, one before warranty ran out and the second one was out of pocket. I really liked the car. but I knew it was going to start racking up the expenses so I left it go.

PXL_20240120_172929529.jpg

Only had it on the track for two weekends, I did more drag racing than track. Ordered new, lowered it, had two of the super chargers replaced, one before warranty ran out and the second one was out of pocket. I really liked the car. but I knew it was going to start racking up the expenses so I left it go.

View attachment 92548
Quick aside.. in 1990 i was 20yrs old with a friend at a clay racetrack in Georgia called Dixie speedway. He had a superstock car and after we were done racing the spectator races started.. i will never forget the 1990 Mustang GT vs. a brand new 1990 super coupe in silver. The race was not close, the grip, acceleration and stability of the Tbird super coupe hammered that GT.. its a vision i wont ever forget.. those clay tracks were like glue at the end of the night.

TMO Supporting Vendors