The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How strict are they on the "Within one year of delivery" clause? I took delivery in May of 2012 of my 2013 car and have been battling health issues this year.

John

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

jneary said:
How strict are they on the "Within one year of delivery" clause? I took delivery in May of 2012 of my 2013 car and have been battling health issues this year.

John

John,

I had a knee issue to deal with as well and after working with Bryan at MMSP I ended up getting to attend a year and nine months after I took posession of my 2012. It couldn't help trying. I did have contact with them prior to the 1 year window but they were very understanding with my condition. I'm sure it didn't hurt that I took the second day.

jneary said:

John

Unfortunately it looks like Ford are being much more strict as it comes towards the end of the programme. I took delivery in March and therefore unable to do any of the 2014 dates.

Dazzerboy68 said:
Unfortunately it looks like Ford are being much more strict as it comes towards the end of the programme. I took delivery in March and therefore unable to do any of the 2014 dates.

That's terrible news. They were very slow updating their website also. The should have put up the forecast at least. See if they would at least put you on a reserve list or something? I thought it was you had to "register" within one year of purchase?

Chris

Noellenchris said:
That's terrible news. They were very slow updating their website also. The should have put up the forecast at least. See if they would at least put you on a reserve list or something? I thought it was you had to "register" within one year of purchase?

Chris

I was told a similar thing towards the end of last year about only having to register before the anniversary of delivery. There were only a few dates left at the time and in hindsight I should have tried to make one of them work. Just to be clear though it's Ford being more strict and not the guys at the driving school.

Noellenchris said:

Chris

No, you have to attend within the year:
Who Can Attend?

Any new Boss® 302 buyer who has paid for and taken delivery of the car in the U.S.A. can register now. Participants must register and attend within one year from delivery date.

I'd guess they are being strict due to the limited sessions available this year.

straightliner1 said:
Who can recommend a decent hotel in SLC? Not looking for 5 star but also don't want to update my tetanus booster either.

Thanks all -

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Tooele. Probably 10-15 minutes from the track. Clean and not too expensive.

The Radisson right in town, 5 min. from the airport, plenty of restaurants to eat at but about 25 min. from the track.

straightliner1 said:
Who can recommend a decent hotel in SLC? Not looking for 5 star but also don't want to update my tetanus booster either.

Thanks all -

I stayed at the Best Western in town (Tooele), 8 min from track. Was clean, first hotel on my trip that the shower head was above mine. The free breakfast was not to my liking, but I would recommend the restaurant just down the street from hotel (100 yards or so).

straightliner1 said:

Thanks all -

We stayed at the comfort inn and suites. nice place. race car in the lobby. decent and free breakfast. short drive to the track and short drive to the airport. While you are there the bonnevile brewery in tooele is a good place to eat. Red iguana (on diners drive ins and dives) is well worth the trip into SLC. Another great place for dinner and drinks our entire group hit was squatters pub.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tooelle. About 5 mins from the track and in the same parking lot as a microbrewery/restaurant with good food. The hotel was awesome and the breakfast was great too.

TMO Supporting Vendors