The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgia
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoldier said:
Can anyone tell me around what time the second day ends? I have to drive cross country and I'm wondering if I should take off afterwards or stay another night and leave in the am.

Between 3 and 4 pm depending on how quickly everyone gets done with the "awards" ceremony. There are several nice restaurants in SLC (which is really close by), I would stay another night and hang out with some of your fellow class mates, enjoy a few beers, and do some bench racing! ;)

bluemax said:
Between 3 and 4 pm depending on how quickly everyone gets done with the "awards" ceremony. There are several nice restaurants in SLC (which is really close by), I would stay another night and hang out with some of your fellow class mates, enjoy a few beers, and do some bench racing! ;)

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I have to be in South Carolina on 12 May so I have plenty of time.

killerwill13 said:
... Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?
I'm booked at the SLC Hyatt they recommended. I know it's a bit of a drive to Miller, but at $89/night plus better choice of restaurants in SLC, it seemed like a good choice at the time.

Fiddler49 said:
I'm booked at the SLC Hyatt they recommended. I know it's a bit of a drive to Miller, but at $89/night plus better choice of restaurants in SLC, it seemed like a good choice at the time.

I was considering booking there, but I'm not a morning person and 7:30am is already early enough for me to be at Miller, so I booked as close as I could...lol.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I am second owner but original owner and i had talked about it at sale. Sounds like i would have to be his guest though. But i think he bought it last Feb.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

The wife and I are going August 29th and 30th. Then spending the weekend at Arches national park, should be fun!

Vermont

Joe BOSS said:
For anyone that's going I would highly recommend that you watch videos on Heel Toe shifting and find a place to practice if you have never done it before. You do get some instruction and practice, but some will have difficulties getting the technique down. You can either use your heel and toe or you can use the side of your foot instead of your heel. Find which is easiest for you. It's well worth a few minutes to figure out the basics and then you can really put it into practice on the track.

I had never raced before and I did this maybe 10-20 times before I went and had no issues on the track. In fact the instructors were really surprised after my first attempt. It wasn't perfect but they were a little impressed. :)

Just got the Boss out of winter storage and started practicing heel/toe downshifting. Will be at Boss Track Attack on April 12. What technique do the instructors recommend to blip the gas pedal - using your heel or the side of your foot? What do you think works best with the Boss brake and gas pedal setup? Or is it more of a personal preference thing?
Would seem less likely for your foot to slip off the brake pedal by using your heel to blip the gas.

It really depends on what you feel most comfortable with. They mention both techniques at the school. I never managed to pull it off but they don't devote too much time to it either.

Will do. I was out at chuckwalla two weeks ago with a dude named mike Evans that went last year and he gave me a rundown. Sounds awesome and apparently they treat you very well to boot. I packed my gopro as well so I hope to have some video.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Keavdog said:
Packing tonight. Ill be in Utah tomorrow on track thu and fri!

Have fun dude, just remember you're not on R6s out there! (Unless you do the FR500S in which case you get BFG R1s)

Unbelievable museum...just wow. All original cars with great history. No kits/clones.. I was like a kid in a candy store.

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Keavdog/library/Track%20Attack

TMO Supporting Vendors