The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BossLady82 said:
Has anyone here attended Track Attack solo? I don't have a significant other and no one really wants to spend the money to be a driver guest. A couple people have asked abt going as a non driver but don't know how serious they r. And also being military its really hard for a lot of us to make plans like that. Obviously I know the experience will rock either way. I was just curious.

I went solo - but you end up in class with 12 people that own a boss!
Hmmm...when are you going, thinking of going with you ;D

drjodpc

2013 Boss 302 #0590

TymeSlayer said:
Anyone going September 16th and 17th? I'm hooked up for two days, 16th-18th.

I am going on the 16th and 17th! I have never been on a track before so am looking forward to this!

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)

BOSS343 said:
how far did you drive

Hi Fiddler and Missus - and all other Track Attack friends.
Our Canadian "So Boss" is still on the roadtrip, we have over 3000 miles and counting. After inspiring days at Track Attack we didn't want to go home. So we decided to go see Utah National Parks, then Monument Valley, AZ, old Route 66 etc - now we are enjoying California scenic routes.

During this roadtrip we have developed kind of new philosophy that every Boss mile is kind of deposit into our "Life Experiences Savings Account". That kind of account will last forever.

Boss2207 said:
Hey, how did they do the rear spoiler? Was it glossy black? Was it rapped in a reflective flat gray like the side stripes? I must know! There were no '13s in our group!

Anyone have the gotta-have-it-green? Same question: how was the GT/CS spoiler painted/wrapped?
I'd call it a semi-gloss black Laguna Seca spoiler on the 2013's. Can't remember the GT spoilers.

So Boss said:
During this roadtrip we have developed kind of new philosophy that every Boss mile is kind of deposit into our "Life Experiences Savings Account". That kind of account will last forever.
Couldn't agree more! Enjoy the ride! 8)

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keavdog said:
I went solo - but you end up in class with 12 people that own a boss!
Hmmm...when are you going, thinking of going with you ;D
i would like to go towards the end of summer like September or October
Hey wait...didnt u just say u went already ;)

Fiddler49 said:
I'd call it a semi-gloss black Laguna Seca spoiler on the 2013's. Can't remember the GT spoilers.

The GT/CS spoiler is the same as the Laguna Seca spoiler, but if you go to ford to buy it, it is qualified as the "GT/California Special type spoiler."

So it was a semi-gloss black? Did it look like it was painted or maybe an applied sticker like our stripes.

I will be driving out solo from East TN for my days (Sept 29- Oct 1). Thinking about leaving on or about the 22nd. Took some time off from work and planned on checking out some sights in the SW while I am out that way.

93 LX 5.0 said:
I will be driving out solo from East TN for my days (Sept 29- Oct 1). Thinking about leaving on or about the 22nd. Took some time off from work and planned on checking out some sights in the SW while I am out that way.
So your going to be driving your boss all the way out there? I'm going to set my date up tomorrow (still not sure when) and am wondering if I want to drive all the way there? I'd most likely be driving from NC. A lot of miles but that would be one hell of a sweet drive.

Just booked my room at the Comfort Inn Toole. Didn't want to drive 35 miles each way. Nine miles sounds better. Lol.

It's a very easy drive. We stayed at the Home2 Suites in West Valley. Great hotel...would highly recommend it. The price was right too.

BossLady82 said:
So your going to be driving your boss all the way out there? I'm going to set my date up tomorrow (still not sure when) and am wondering if I want to drive all the way there? I'd most likely be driving from NC. A lot of miles but that would be one hell of a sweet drive.

That's the plan. Probably going to use interstate all the way there but would like to use US/State roads as much as possible on my return. Nothing set in stone.

93 LX 5.0 said:
That's the plan. Probably going to use interstate all the way there but would like to use US/State roads as much as possible on my return. Nothing set in stone.

Check out this website and companion book to take along in the car....

http://roadtripusa.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Trip-USA-Cross-Country-Adventures/dp/1598809253/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366732784&sr=8-1&keywords=road+trip+usa

I'm going May 8th (dinner)/9th (track day). Anyone else there then? Can't wait to track the Boss, only autocrossed it a bunch so far! :)

Just signed up for Oct 21st & 22nd.

Does anyone know what time the second day wraps up? Trying to figure out my flight home at this point.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

right now the debate is drive or fly...
from east end of Nebraska...
about 1000 miles each way
will break it into 2 days each way...
just not in the boss...
3 people don't fit really well long term...

TMO Supporting Vendors