The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Rotor Turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lindale, Texas
Has anyone had a set of front brake rotors off of an S550 GT500 successfully turned in the Dallas - Ft Worth area? I'm near Tyler, Texas but can't find anyone out here than can do them.

My local tire store was able to do them (north tx) but they do a lot of HD pickups and service trucks also. If you can find something similar in Tyer. Big 5 tire in longview is owned by long time racer friends, they may have the equipment to do it, or know someone. I got 3 turnings out of mine before getting to the wear limit (38mm) and seeing some micro cracks.

My local tire store was able to do them (north tx) but they do a lot of HD pickups and service trucks also. If you can find something similar in Tyer. Big 5 tire in longview is owned by long time racer friends, they may have the equipment to do it, or know someone. I got 3 turnings out of mine before getting to the wear limit (38mm) and seeing some micro cracks.
Thanks, Stan, I'll check Big 5 out. I go to Plano quite a bit, where is the N Texas shop that does them?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel