The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake pedal moves when revving the car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Ok so I finally installed the Power Pack 3 to the GT and when parked I decided to Rev the engine to like 4000 rpm or so what was strange was that when I apply the throttle the brake pedal was moving up when I stopped the brake pedal moved down. I did full service of the car including brake fluid at my local dealer who also installed the Power Pack 3. Brakes feel great though but for the past year or so I'm chasing a random hard pedal on track. I was thinking brake pads but now I start to think brake booster check valve. Any inside will be helpful.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Check valve, Check.
The manifold vacuum will usually vary with RPM and throttle position. The check valve should hold vacuum steady.
Check the valve and if you can, pull a vacuum on the booster and see if it leaks down.

Yeah I lean towers check valve as well will probably just order a new one the brake booster should be fine if the pedal is going down when engine start. Though my pedal do get hard after a few days when car is sitting.

TMO Supporting Vendors