The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Bullitt #2226 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Some nice stuff down on your Bullitt, but you will get some suggestions from your fellow Midwest Trackrats to make sure a square set of wheels are installed on your machine so you can not only shoot straight , you will be able to shoot around corners. Those little dinky fronts Ford puts on their cars instead of the same size all the way around means the dang things push like a pig around many corners at the track . Sure , you would need a new set of wheels and gummy tires ( along with a front spacer ) but is a guaranteed go much faster mod.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Minnesota
Some nice stuff down on your Bullitt, but you will get some suggestions from your fellow Midwest Trackrats to make sure a square set of wheels are installed on your machine so you can not only shoot straight , you will be able to shoot around corners. Those little dinky fronts Ford puts on their cars instead of the same size all the way around means the dang things push like a pig around many corners at the track . Sure , you would need a new set of wheels and gummy tires ( along with a front spacer ) but is a guaranteed go much faster mod.
Hi Bill,
Saw your note on the Mustang event in Hastings. I'll look at the calendar and see if that is doable. I don't mention wheels in my profile. I do have a set on aftermarket wheels mostly for looks. Deep dish torq thrust style. Not the best for track. Staggered setup with 9x19 in the front and 10.5x19 in the rear. Taller, wider and softer pilot sport tires grip better then stock but I don't push to hard on those wheels. I should add a set of square setup wheels and tires to my list for two days LOL

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Welcome! Your setup is pretty similar to mine. I got 305 track/autocross tires for my Roush that I plan on putting on the Bullitt at some point. I just need to get the Vorshlag plates put on and some extended lugs. I've just been using 255/45-18 Michelin PS4S for everything at this point. Decent tire, but definitely slower than the RT660s in the larger size. If you do the '11-'14 brake bracket upgrade you can paint the new brackets to match. The color is called Alloy and the Ford paint code is G5. I used custom mixed G2 brake caliper paint and have been very happy with it. No performance difference obviously, but it keeps it looking good. In June (12-15) there will be a Bullitt Nationals in Colorado Springs. It's always a fun time, and this year there will be an autocross at PPIR. If you've got the time, it's worth going to.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel