The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

delrin bushings for s550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
does anyone know of a company that makes control arm bushings front and rear for a 2018? all I can find are spherical and they are not legal in the class we will be running

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
scca for T2 class. Rules say allowed to replace oem upper and lower control arm bushings with poly or delrin bushings. not allowed sphericals other than where the toe link in the rear attaches. It's my 1st s550 race build so learning as I go but learning fast. will have multiple subframes (front and rear) out later this week (have multiple donor cars) to physically see how it all works. car will finish strip this week and cage go in early next week. just trying to eliminate the rubber stuff. maybe I need to design a delrin type spherical (I have a cnc machine shop) as that may stretch the rules lol.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Good news is the S550 lateral arms in front are already spherical + ball joint. Rear lower bushings that take the lateral load is also a sealed sphericals. The rubber is only in the rear upper link, toe link mount, and the longitudinal plane (trailing arms in front, forward bushing in the rear). They are not bad to leave rubber, as it helps with impact compliance on curbs and such. The chassis is still fast like that.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
well that would explain why I can't find delrin kits for it lol. we are changing to adjustable toe links w/ spherical (allowed) and the lower toe spherical in the arm so that eliminates those. ill have to look at the other to see if leaving them alone or changing to poly or delrin is a better solution. joys of fea analysis software and 3d scanners lol.

TMO Supporting Vendors