The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I can smell it just from your description🤣
I hit with meatball flag after meatball flag until I finally said Listen it’s just going to smoke. It’s not broken and it’s not leaking. It’s just gonna do that and then control said “I mean okay as long as it’s not gonna break”

I do not remember where the cut off was the calipers fitting or needed an adjustment. My stock 2011 calipers cleared. When I needed replacements the right side was out of stock everywhere. My local Ford dealer managed to find one from 2008 or 2009 sitting on a shelf at a dealer in Hawaii. It rubbed a little before a few strokes of a file. It did not take much and I am still running the same caliper.

Like @67GTA said some kind of expansion will help. I am running a JLT expansion tank. Unfortunately they are discontinued. Everything else out the is pricey. I just found this looking around - DR3Z-4022-A "KIT HOSE ASY" . Might be a cheap fix to get you though. I think it was the original TSB for the leaking vents. It's a hose extension that has the vent sitting higher than having it connected straight to the axle. It also gives you a tad of expansion. Just me - I wonder if you could keep going with more hose , like another foot up along the frame attached with zip ties for more volume. The only other thing I would do is use some high temp gasket maker to the fitting and some around the fitting once it's tightened. My JLT fitting ended up leaking. Permatex motoseal fixed the issue. I used that stuff on modified chainsaws with 180-200 psi compression as the alone cylinder gasket. View attachment 97992
The extra hose is going to be my first attempt after putting the correct fluid in

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel