The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First event on the new Continental Extreme Contact Force

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Hi TMO gang. Ran my first event with the new Conti ECFs. Initial impressions are positive. I'm running a staggered set up, 295/30/19 up front and 315/30/19 in back. It took about three laps on the short track we ran to get up to temp, but once they reached a good operating temp, they came in quite nicely. (Track conditions were sunny and dry with temps in the 80's) Very good grip and very predictable. Feed back in braking and throughout corning was better than expected. For comparison, I run Pirelli PZero slicks and Michelin Super Sports depending on track condition and weather. The ECFs feel more like the slicks than they do the Super Sports. They certainly did not fall off as the Super Sports do in later sessions/laps and so far seem to be more durable than the Pirelli's (as one would expect). They seemed to get better after a couple heat cycles as well.

I like the concept of driving to and from the event on a really good HPDE track tire. Helps when I don't have access to a trailer or when the event is really close to home. (There is a fun short track only 3 miles from my house!) NO way I can get the slicks in the GT350 for the drive to the track!

If you are considering the ECFs, check out Trackdaytire.com. Use my discount code 'VatterVIP' for a buy 3 get one free deal. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the tires or the Trackdaytire program.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Phoenix, AZ
How do they look after the first time out? Wearing evenly? It may be too early to say but what sort of life are you expecting out of them?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
How do they look after the first time out? Wearing evenly? It may be too early to say but what sort of life are you expecting out of them?
I haven’t swapped to my streets yet so can’t see the entire tire, but from what I can see, I’m happy with initial wear. The track we ran is very tough on tires because the surface is pretty bad. I can usually see some deg on the shoulders but not what I had expected on theses. I’ll take some pics once I pull them off the car and share with you all.

@Meateater please go over here, register and put this under 200Treadwear tires, if you don't mind.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pennsylvania
Hi TMO gang. Ran my first event with the new Conti ECFs. Initial impressions are positive. I'm running a staggered set up, 295/30/19 up front and 315/30/19 in back. It took about three laps on the short track we ran to get up to temp, but once they reached a good operating temp, they came in quite nicely. (Track conditions were sunny and dry with temps in the 80's) Very good grip and very predictable. Feed back in braking and throughout corning was better than expected. For comparison, I run Pirelli PZero slicks and Michelin Super Sports depending on track condition and weather. The ECFs feel more like the slicks than they do the Super Sports. They certainly did not fall off as the Super Sports do in later sessions/laps and so far seem to be more durable than the Pirelli's (as one would expect). They seemed to get better after a couple heat cycles as well.

I like the concept of driving to and from the event on a really good HPDE track tire. Helps when I don't have access to a trailer or when the event is really close to home. (There is a fun short track only 3 miles from my house!) NO way I can get the slicks in the GT350 for the drive to the track!

If you are considering the ECFs, check out Trackdaytire.com. Use my discount code 'VatterVIP' for a buy 3 get one free deal. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the tires or the Trackdaytire program.

How are the ECFs working out? I’ve only been running SC2’s but have been considering trying something else. The price on the ECFs with your discount code is hard to pass up. Did you consider running the 315s up front? I was comparing tire measurements and the ECF 315s are barely any different than the 305 SC2’s.

TMO Supporting Vendors