The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
64466079-9A07-4281-B44E-42297508E552.jpeg

S197 First stang Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

2014 mustang v6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Google-Fu is only mediocre, but I found these guys that may be in your area. They seem focused on Legends, Bandoleros, and assorted roundy-round stuff, and probably know what shops are most capable of doing performance alignments and corner balancing in the province (if they don't themselves).
Ill definitely check them out. A lot of the circle track guys and the road course guys don’t normally inter mix😂

I finally did what everyone has been telling me to do from the start. HAVE 2 SETS OF TIRES and oh my. What a beautiful day it was when I finally did have 2 sets 7E149D41-305C-425A-824A-B8A07F9B4B3A.jpeg
437F7F72-14B6-443F-842F-A3023713B73C.jpeg
Toyo T1s for the street and maxxis victra RC-1s for track and autoX
Got very lucky and got both sets on the used market for cheaper then 1 new set street/track tires

Next step is get springs that aren’t as low so I can stop scrapping my exhaust on speed bumps…

138DDE2E-8A26-4F6A-BC35-2534031A3E91.jpeg

This post is long over due

Had a track day a while back and FINALLY ran some sessions without street pads which oh my god was a game charger.

Between the EBC bluestuff which I couldn’t be happier with and the “new” Maxxis Victra tires it’s an whole new experience

Going out for another few sessions this coming weekend and hope to be able to get some semi decent lap times. Best lap on street tires and pads was a 1:22.2. Excited to see what I can put down now knowing what I know

EDIT
The photo attached is me after one session changing an axel seal which blew. Probably as a result of it getting soaked in brake fluid after my calliper piston seal blew the track day before

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel