The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fitment issues w/ M-6881-M50A oil line adapter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Sil Spg MD
For an engine that is sensitive to oil flow/volume/pressure, I would expect the Ford Racing part to fit much better.... not even going to go into the almost $300 (w/shipping) cost.... The three mounting holes are not slotted, so there is no sliding it. Did I get a bum piece? Anyone else notice this??

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
I have. It sent me down a rabbit hole of getting better at CAD so I could fix it. I mostly mimicked Ford's design and it even uses Ford's OEM gasket. @navseng used the CAD model to make a custom dry sump version for @honeybadger a few months back. I've been meaning to get a new wet sump model over to Brian for a while now. I could work with him on a couple and send one your way if you're interested and if he still has the time.

Here's what the first prototype looked like:

1719112293205.jpeg1719112313383.jpeg1719112329342.jpeg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Dont forget the Moroso oil sandwich kit as well.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I think part of the issue is the angle of the ports. Steve mentioned in another thread that improved racing lines up but the angle of the pressure port is not ideal because of the alternator.
@Mad Hatter which one do you have? The Moroso?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Dont forget the Moroso oil sandwich kit as well.

My concern with this and all the aftermarket blocks was they all run AN10 ports couple with AN10 to AN12 fittings. While that may not be a concern to most, and I'm sure many are running them with no issues, I was tried to address every possible concern since I lost a motor to bad oiling and was unwilling to downsize.

I also considered this but would need somewhere to tap for the pressure
These are pretty slick if they are indeed the same diameter as the holes on the housing! I was unaware these were even a thing.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
What I do remember was the unit came setup for 12AN fittings without adapters. The difference in fittings was worth 15psi and the fittings size was impresssive next to the MMr unit I had before. Now. checking my orders, I bought the Ford unit and the Moroso one.. But will have to get to the car to check which one we actually installed. Getting old!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
What I do remember was the unit came setup for 12AN fittings without adapters. The difference in fittings was worth 15psi and the fittings size was impresssive next to the MMr unit I had before. Now. checking my orders, I bought the Ford unit and the Moroso one.. But will have to get to the car to check which one we actually installed. Getting old!
I'd love if they had a version that was 12AN on both sides and not a 10 to 12. The main site shows it is a 10AN but I've seen these be wrong before:
https://www.moroso.com/filter-adapter-ford-5-0-coyote-gen-1-gen-2-gen-323689/

If they have a 12AN though that would sure make my life easier!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I'd love if they had a version that was 12AN on both sides and not a 10 to 12. The main site shows it is a 10AN but I've seen these be wrong before:
https://www.moroso.com/filter-adapter-ford-5-0-coyote-gen-1-gen-2-gen-323689/

If they have a 12AN though that would sure make my life easier!
Ok, went through my emails and got the part number. I do have the Moroso unit installed. Its this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1668306580...uPYcJMiQjnC4DD8DLd2yL8m+mg4e|tkp:BFBM-Kra3opk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hell, I'am full of it, your looking for the unit that moves the plate off the engine, not the plate that gets the oil filter. Am pretty sure that the ford unit is on my car.

TMO Supporting Vendors