The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just talked to a steeds rep, he says their boss specific springs only drop the front.2 inches and the rear .8. That just doesn't like enough for me

Boss 738 said:
I just talked to a steeds rep, he says their boss specific springs only drop the front.2 inches and the rear .8. That just doesn't like enough for me
The drop on the steeda Boss springs looked great on the two cars I've seen. There is such thing as going too low. The Eibach sportslines are a perfect example. IMO they provide to little suspension travel, which actually hurts handling.

I agree but I think there needs to be a happy medium in there too, that's what I'm looking for

HackBoss302 said:
The drop on the steeda Boss springs looked great on the two cars I've seen. There is such thing as going too low. The Eibach sportslines are a perfect example. IMO they provide to little suspension travel, which actually hurts handling.

Exactly what I was thinking. The steeda springs dnt lower it enough imho, neither do the p springs. To each their own, not trying to hate on anyone. I dont track often, and would probably do coils if I started, so the visual appeal is important to me at this stage. I dont like slamming it either and what something that works with the boss. After months of contemplating and waiting for the magical frpp boss springs, I got fed up and decided to try the hotchkis springs. Havnt installed them yet, but they are a nice mix of form and function.

I'm anxious to see how the Hotchkiss springs turnout, 15 mm drop is barely a half inch drop, that's not enough imo

I've heard the springs have been shipped from the manufacturer and should be available for customer delivery very soon. I look forward to member feedback on how well they work.

NFSBOSS said:
I've heard the springs have been shipped from the manufacturer and should be available for customer delivery very soon. I look forward to member feedback on how well they work.

x2, cant wait for a good member review!

For anyone who has installed the P/K springs, can we get your feedback on changes to on-track performance?
I notice that a lot of folks are interested in lowering the back end of the car, since it sits so high from factory. And yes, granted a lower CG can push ultimate cornering limits higher. However, dropping the rear (in relation to the front) has other rammifications...and so I just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback.

To anyone who has corner balanced their car, they'll know just what I'm getting at. To put it in simplest terms, whichever end of the car is too light, you want to raise the suspension on that side. This actually transitions the mass and puts more weight on the scales of that end of the car.

So essentially, with a Boss, we're all challenged with a heavy front end. I suspect Ford addressed this by having a lower front/rear ratio, so that slightly more rearward weight balance is there (when compared to an equal ride height f/r). Essentially, the higher back end actually causes the rear to bear a higher % of weight distribution than if it were equal ride height front to back. For those lowering the rear and evening out the rake, you're actually making the front end heavier in relation to the rear! Should make for increased corner entry push (all things being equal). Has anyone felt this once they popped on the springs?

Cheers in advance!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am hoping that American Muscle and the other mustang super stores will sell these at a lower price. I do want to level the car out. I might just end up going with the 55D rear springs if these turn out to be a lot stiffer over stock

Justin said:
I am hoping that American Muscle and the other mustang super stores will sell these at a lower price. I do want to level the car out. I might just end up going with the 55D rear springs if these turn out to be a lot stiffer over stock

Justin, I ran the Boss Steeda rear springs only on my 2012 Boss with no problems. They dropped the rear 1 inch and the spring rate is only about 10lbs more the stock boss rear springs (approx 195 vs stock 186.)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Ford: We need an apples to apples comparison on ride height and spring rates for the M-5300-P and M-5300-T.

According to the Ford website, for ride height:

M-5300-P Front: 1" (25 mm) Rear: 1" (25 mm) - or -
Front: 1.5" (38 mm) Rear: 1.5" (38 mm)
Note: it's says "about 1 inch" for F/R in some places, 1.5 inches in others. Anyone know more specific numbers for this ??
Tuned for the M-18000-C dampers

M-5300-T Front: 1" (15 mm) Rear: 1" (35 mm)
Tuned for the stock LS dampers

It's odd that the ride height difference posted are not relatively the same.... I am just about to pull the trigger on the hardware for my suspension and hopefully will be talking to Craig Capaldi this week. If I get any additional info I'll post ASAP.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Levittown Ford,

Mustang » 2010-2014 Mustang Accessories & Racing Parts » Ford Racing Parts » Drivetrain, Suspension and Wheels
$262.90
MSRP: $359.00
Savings: $96.10 (27%)

Ford Racing Lowering Springs - Boss 302 - 15mm/35mm
Ford Racing Lowering Springs - Boss 302 - 15mm/35mm •Fits 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition
•Gives a more aggressive looking stance as well as increased handling dynamics
•Lowers car approximately 15mm front and 35mm rear
•Includes Mustang jounce bumper kit M-5570-A
•May cause slightly harsher ride compared to stock springs
•Note: Some factory fasteners are one time use. Please reference a Ford service manual for reuse information and correct torque specifications. May require alignment after installation.
Model(s):Mustang
Model Year(s):2012 2013
Part Number(s): M-5300-T
Rating: Not rated yet
Reviews: (0) Share your thoughts?

Add to Cart

Great price and comes with the bump stops.

Right. That's about an inch and a half for the back c/w the reg GT, in between the P and K springs as previously said. I'm planning on using the stock shocks/struts and add panhard, LCA, and relo brackets. Shock upgrade and Watts link later. Anyone else care to share their plan.

I plan to do just the springs. I have to be careful how much I lower my car as my neighborhood has some speed bumps in it, and I can't avoid them on my way in and out. At my local track if I take an off line pass before turn 4 the front end bounces up and down like a Town Car. Very unsettling feeling heading to an off camber, downhill gut checking corner.

LostPony said:
I plan to do just the springs. I have to be careful how much I lower my car as my neighborhood has some speed bumps in it, and I can't avoid them on my way in and out. At my local track if I take an off line pass before turn 4 the front end bounces up and down like a Town Car. Very unsettling feeling heading to an off camber, downhill gut checking corner.
I think further has the drop correct. The Boss springs drop appears to be in between the P and K drops.

The main reason for adding a pan hard bar when lowering your car is to recenter the axle otherwise is will be off center to the drivers side. It may not bother you being off center but it would drive me nuts.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I really can't wait till someone gets these. I know most of you want them to be stiffer and such. I just want them to be very close to stock spring rates just lower and leveled out. I really wish someone would just make lowering springs that are stock spring rates just lower. Not everyone is concerned about making a corner carver.

I would guess I could get this with a coil over set up and mess with different springs but this is way way more then I want to spend.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
if you lower it to springs have to be someone stiffer or else the car will bottom out too much. I don't believe the P Springs oh really all out race spring rate sorings.

TMO Supporting Vendors