The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fuel Filler Cup Bezel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
Anyone know how to remove a 2014 Fuel Filler bezel?
Item 3 in the diagram. I'm guessing that anyone replacing the hinge must have gotten access somehow.
Screenshot 2024-08-24 134611.jpg
Getting the fill pipe out is straitforward but I dont know how the bezel is retained. There"s an area covered in sealant in the trunk (small panel maybe?) but I don't want to dig into that without knowing it's necessary. I hoped it would just unsnap like so many other parts, but enough force to start distorting things doesn't release it.

Looks like that's part number AR3Z-9A212-A and the Ford pictures show plastic clips on the backside. You'll see 4 dimples on the front which is where the clips are located on the opposite side. The official service manual has the following wisdom: "Carefully release the 4 clips and remove the fuel filler cup bezel".
1724548404878.png1724548307525.png

Thank you!!! The photo of the part was exactly what I needed. Armed with a detailed idea of exactly what I was up against I was able to get a small mirror through the hinge opening and identify precisely where to apply pressure. An offset hose removal pick got me right in there, where I was able to "Carefully release the 4 clips and remove the fuel filler cup bezel"....

But by "release" I think they allow for "break" as broader interpretation of the word.
The clips are a stout means of quickly popping the bezel in place and retaining it... forever!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel