The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Due to popular demand Ford is now planning on doing a 2016 Track Tour so they have already heard us loud and clear.

Good news. They'll be better off if they get something official out sooner than later. Many other owners I know are reeeally irritated about this and rightly so.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
The problem for me with this is I live 10 minutes away from Laguna Seca now. I won't come October 2nd. In 2016, the closest track will be 16+ hours away, based on the tracks they are using for this year, meaning I won't be able to go.
302Bob, you are correct. However, they notified me of the airbag recall, so Ford just flat out dropped the ball here.

ufnavy06, I can surely relate to your frustration of not getting an invite from Ford to this exciting event, especially since you are so close to LS right now. Ford should own up to it's oversight & let you attend the LS event. With you serving our country & likely not being able to attend any future dates, it would seem the right thing for Ford to do. Rick, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but is there any lobby BMO has with Ford to try to make this happen?

302BOB said:
Rick, I know I'm going out on a limb here, but is there any lobby BMO has with Ford to try to make this happen?
I wish. Sean's best bet is to talk to the Ford reps at the historic races two weeks in advance and see if he can get an invite that way.

Bay Area
Man, I am so pissed. I didn't get an invite and even called Ford performance" I'm not even in their database. Called my dealer and they have all my info, even said they sent it to Ford. I'm so pissed off I'm not buying a GT 350 right now and it have a smoking deal and 3 I can pick. Thank you Ford underperformance.

byronj said:
Man, I am so pissed. I didn't get an invite and even called Ford performance" I'm not even in their database. Called my dealer and they have all my info, even said they sent it to Ford. I'm so pissed off I'm not buying a GT 350 right now and it have a smoking deal and 3 I can pick. Thank you Ford underperformance.

that seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I'm guessing that this event isn't going to be such a great thing anyway...it's only 4 hours and more than half of it will probably be talking...another part right-seating...and only a little driving...the the driving will probably be a total conga line.
If you don't end up buying the gt350, perhaps you'll post up some info on the cars that you think are available in case there's someone still looking for one.

Boss1815 said:
I saw somewhere, I don't remember where, that someone called and was told they could give up their spot for someone else. I think it may have been in the context of taking a guest and if you wanted you could let them ride and drive in your place. Not sure if you can just send someone instead of going. You'd probably have to call to get a reliable answer.
Boss1815 said:
I saw somewhere, I don't remember where, that someone called and was told they could give up their spot for someone else. I think it may have been in the context of taking a guest and if you wanted you could let them ride and drive in your place. Not sure if you can just send someone instead of going. You'd probably have to call to get a reliable answer.
Work project schedule is making for very iffy odds on having that specific day off.
If someone wants to get the definitive answer on transfers, I'd be willing to give up my reservation for Lime Rock 10/1.
If there are no takers, I'll wait until the 72 hr deadline to see if things play out as hoped.
Let me know....

Good news for me.........

I got my confirmation last week for the 13 of October at Sebring!

October will sure be busy, first weekend racing at Sebring second weekend the track tour and the last weekend racing at Daytona.

Fastfordnut said:
Work project schedule is making for very iffy odds on having that specific day off.
If someone wants to get the definitive answer on transfers, I'd be willing to give up my reservation for Lime Rock 10/1.
If there are no takers, I'll wait until the 72 hr deadline to see if things play out as hoped.
Let me know....
I would love to go if your giving up your spot! I've emailed Ford, but haven't heard back yet.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
NFSBOSS said:
Due to popular demand Ford is now planning on doing a 2016 Track Tour so they have already heard us loud and clear.

Let's hope this turns out to be true, because I am another who tried to sign up and got the "full" message.

I did send a mail to the provided contact address indicating my interest in the car and the event as a purchaser of 4 Mustangs. Maybe that will serve to keep me on the "good" list.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Boss_302 said:
Good news for me.........

I got my confirmation last week for the 13 of October at Sebring!

October will sure be busy, first weekend racing at Sebring second weekend the track tour and the last weekend racing at Daytona.

Who's running the event at Daytona? And it's Halloween weekend, correct?

Bay Area
fuhrius said:
that seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I'm guessing that this event isn't going to be such a great thing anyway...it's only 4 hours and more than half of it will probably be talking...another part right-seating...and only a little driving...the the driving will probably be a total conga line.
If you don't end up buying the gt350, perhaps you'll post up some info on the cars that you think are available in case there's someone still looking for one.
n

Perry Ford in National City, CA has 3 allotted to them.

Fastfordnut said:
Not sure who to talk to but I would certainly try to get anything from them in writing
Norm
Thank you, I sent off a second email. Hopefully they will answer.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors