The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How wide a tire can I fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a 2010 GT500 which is stock other than lowering springs. I’d like to go to a square setup and go to as wide a tire as I can fit on the stock 19x9.5” wheels. I plan on tracking the car 4-5 times per year. Does anyone know how wide a tire I can fit on a square setup with rubbing or needing spacers? I appreciate any knowledge that someone might have on this. The car comes stock with 285‘s in the rear and 255’s up front.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
285 is about as wide as I would go with 19x9.5 rims. You will not get much benefit going any wider. If your going to track the car remember that the stock shocks don't really like lowering springs much!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Pittsburgh, PA
285 is about as wide as I would go with 19x9.5 rims. You will not get much benefit going any wider. If your going to track the car remember that the stock shocks don't really like lowering springs much!
Ok, thanks for the size recommendation. I’m having new Bilstein racing springs and shocks/struts put on in the spring before hitting the track again.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel