The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NT01 tire wear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
This is the first set of NT01s I've used and not sure how much further I can run them. Just finished my 9th track day with these, so I'm curious if anyone can give some feedback on how many laps they still have. I hired a pro coach for my next event and don't want to push having a tire issue if they are that close. Btw, I know there are faster options out there for tires but not really looking for this conversation to go down that rabbit hole. Thanks.

20230822_174953[1].jpg

20230822_175012[1].jpg

20230822_174936[1].jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Probably will go some more, but you might clean off some of that OPR to help the tire a bit. Doubt it will run at it's optimum now, but you still have tread left , though you do look like you overheated one, and flatspotted another.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
Probably will go some more, but you might clean off some of that OPR to help the tire a bit. Doubt it will run at it's optimum now, but you still have tread left , though you do look like you overheated one, and flatspotted another.
No flat spots on any of them, however that's three pics of the same tire. I figured I have two more days left on this set.

I run with NASA mostly, so 4 sessions per day. How many days are people typically getting out of these?
Not sure about Nittos, the Goodyear Supercar 3s are good for a 25 hour .race though. I would suspect that your tires have heat cycled out rather than .being warn out. There is an article on rehabbing race tires if you hit the search button.

CA
I've ran a couple sets of NT01's too and agree those have plenty of life left. NT01's are safe to run to the chords. I am surprised your tires still show the two lines through the middle.

For me I got 10 events out of my NT01's, one of them chorded so I just bought an entire set. But went with the conti ECF instead (happy I did). Well done on the wear!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
Not sure about Nittos, the Goodyear Supercar 3s are good for a 25 hour .race though. I would suspect that your tires have heat cycled out rather than .being warn out. There is an article on rehabbing race tires if you hit the search button.
Yeah, they have about 36-40 heat cycles. I'll probably throw the new set on and keep these as back ups. Good tip on that rehab article, might be a fun project to try out and see what the results are. Did you have any luck with it?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Stockton, CA
I've ran a couple sets of NT01's too and agree those have plenty of life left. NT01's are safe to run to the chords. I am surprised your tires still show the two lines through the middle.

For me I got 10 events out of my NT01's, one of them chorded so I just bought an entire set. But went with the conti ECF instead (happy I did). Well done on the wear!
Yeah, the middle seems to have a bit more meat then the inner and outers. I think my alignment is pretty close to where is should be and my psi feels good around 35 hot, so not sure where else to adjust other than bumping up the psi a bit.

Were those 10 2-day events before they corded? If so that's pretty darn good.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel