The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

HP and TQ curves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was hoping for a little more hp and Torque across the board myself. I'm not knocking the new motor as I really like the added rpm limit for road racing! But I am getting close to those numbers on my stock Coyote with CJ setup and tune. Stock heads and cams, only boltons and Headers with Magnaflow exhaust. We have it tuned for living on the road course too so not maxed out either. I have 42K miles on it and dozens of 2 and 3 day Road racing events on the car plus Tx Mile runs to 170mph. I have been waiting to see what the new motor will do and I am sure with boltons and headers it will gain some but how much?

Here is what mine is at after the CJ and FRPP intake added:

Sorry, haven't figure out how to attach an image on this site yet.

My HP is 429 and torque is 375 peak with a great torque curve.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
OCPONY said:
Here is what mine is at after the CJ and FRPP intake added:

Sorry, haven't figure out how to attach an image on this site yet.

@OCPONY go to www.imgur.com, click the blue "upload images" button at the top. Select "from computer" and pick your files then press upload. Then copy the "BB Code" text and paste that here.

I've been thinking about the HP/Torque specs on the GT350. 1.02 per liter is good.
But is it the final tune for the 2016 or just the intro for 2015?
When he said well over 500 at Texas World Speedway, the implication was more.
Will we see the new Z28 come out with, X and the 2016 GT350 come out with X+?
Then the GT500 can come out as a TT5.0 with 750hp.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Racerpilotalan said:
I've been thinking about the HP/Torque specs on the GT350. 1.02 per liter is good.
But is it the final tune for the 2016 or just the intro for 2015?
When he said well over 500 at Texas World Speedway, the implication was more.
Will we see the new Z28 come out with, X and the 2016 GT350 come out with X+?
Then the GT500 can come out as a TT5.0 with 750hp.

If they bump it up for '16 I would not expect it to be by much. For that matter, for the limited volume of cars they will produce for 2015, they have no incentive to bump it up for 2016.

TMO Supporting Vendors