The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 JULIE Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Hmmm........that looks like my grandson's child seat in my wife's Porsche. Are you sure you got the right size, ha!?

Yep pretty sure. At the end of this year I will get fitted for a foam insert that will fit into that.

It has removable velcro cushions all over that fit around you. Pretty cool and VERY comfortable.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Talked to Max a X engineering about rev match. Need to get him some pics of the clutch switches in order for them to build a harness for the car. Just don't trust myself yet with heel toe.
You’ll love the computer aided rev match feature. I have it in the mach & finally I can do it or at least the computer can. It’s more consistent and predictable than my human interaction.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Nice! I like the way they mounted a flexible closeout panel to the floor and diff housing to fill up that empty space where the stock gas tank would be.
Very clevor.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice having two sets of wheels in different colors, as it changes the look of the car with just a little jack work! I always ordered different finishes with my wheels just to give it that quick difference, but I have to admit I am not sure I ever had a couple of sets that changed the look as much as yours --- really sinister in black and just flat fun with the orange!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Road America testing. Over 100 degrees, not fun. Did get some laps in though.
I saw you on the “RA Live” website putting in laps. They have cameras on the front straight, turn 5, carousel and turn 14. Quite the oil spill going into turn 5 about 9:00am !!! Lots of the new white kitty litter dust !! Car looked great @Vettel-ish !! Nice that you took care of yourself and survived the heat.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel