The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 JULIE Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Thanks terry, i just ordered a 55 gallon. All the other tanks i was looking at say u have to reprogram the miles to empty calculator this one doesnt
Tony

Some bad news. If you want the computer to calculate fuel/miles remaining, you will need to “tickle” the computer. It was a simple change, ford already had a 50 gal tank (and several others) in the menu. All we had to do was select it with the Ford software. If you need, I know a guy :ohdamn:
And yes, the ability to avoid fuel stops with awful prices is well received. With the stock system I had to stop 3-4 times between the gulf coast and home. With the larger tank and the flexibility it gave me, once.

Tony

Some bad news. If you want the computer to calculate fuel/miles remaining, you will need to “tickle” the computer. It was a simple change, ford already had a 50 gal tank (and several others) in the menu. All we had to do was select it with the Ford software. If you need, I know a guy :ohdamn:
And yes, the ability to avoid fuel stops with awful prices is well received. With the stock system I had to stop 3-4 times between the gulf coast and home. With the larger tank and the flexibility it gave me, once.
Its ok, i called titan to double check And they said it was super simple but weren't sure what options are on the 23’s. Diesel tech at Webb is going to swap it out Since i have a house account with my fleet with them.

im hoping i get it in before i have to take the 500 to bowling green next weekend

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I imagine you could be right, but I know our local tracks will do the same rate if a weekend is free, so one never knows. Of course there is another option as the Northwoods Shelby Club goes there every year and the rate is quite good for two days. The Mustang Roundup is always a great place to meet TMO members, and I figure if TMS go to Blackhawk Farms we can talk even more folks to come to Hastings in September or 2024, ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel