The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Lighting McQueen Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
No wonder no one can find any cool Mustang parts, they all landed on your car! Love it! Hope you make it to Salt Lake City (UMC) again. We would make sure you had a good time this time!
That’s a tough ass track, flat and hard to pick up landmarks and red/white rub rails with up coming curves. After a DNF, I at least got to finally visit Park City which was something I always wanted to do!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You will love UMC the next time you go back , because all the issues or concerns you had last time will be burned into your brain and you will fly! The car is spectacular and they ( race cars ) always seem to need a few things to make them right after you acquire them. Part of the problem is we all like to personalize the machine and the other is prior owners do some things either incorrectly or not to our taste. Sounds like lightning will strike twice as " Garage Queen " has become " Lightning McQueen" and he looks formidable ! Gotta show my grandson your car as " Lightning " is his favorite racer and I bet I am not the only one who will need to showcase the Red Menace. Welcome to TMO, fun group, knowledgeable group, but most of all a very helpful group!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Do you have details on the Coyote swap? They're popping up more frequently (some good threads here on it) and I'm always curious because I know that sooner or later I'll have to do the same when my engine kicks the bucket.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
Do you have details on the Coyote swap? They're popping up more frequently (some good threads here on it) and I'm always curious because I know that sooner or later I'll have to do the same when my engine kicks the bucket.
The one thing that stands out with the swap is the marriage of new technology to old. The swap will require someone who really knows Mustang wiring, proper harnesses and how to keep the ABS functioning (Power By The Hour). Expect electrical niggles like Lucas was to Jaguar, otherwise enjoy the higher revs and new power bands.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel