The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mach 1 N2113 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting, I just used the new deflectors only and did not attach the original ones with them. They fit great and I was impressed with the fact that I never even had any brake pedal fade. I was using the SR 11 EBC sintered pads and they have insane initial bite , stop on a pinhead ( technical speak that means even better than on a dime ), but they get super toasty. The Vorshlag brake ducting plates were enough to keep the rotors cool enough even with pads that generated huge amounts of heat.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Chicago
I got the same deflectors from @vorshlag, i did not use the original ones over the new ones but i had to find some flat washers to keep them in place whilst using the OEM bolts instead of new bolts.

Interesting, I just used the new deflectors only and did not attach the original ones with them. They fit great and I was impressed with the fact that I never even had any brake pedal fade. I was using the SR 11 EBC sintered pads and they have insane initial bite , stop on a pinhead ( technical speak that means even better than on a dime ), but they get super toasty. The Vorshlag brake ducting plates were enough to keep the rotors cool enough even with pads that generated huge amounts of heat.
I actually purchased them from a member on Mustang6G who did testing with the OEM deflectors on top of his product. I know the Vorshlag is optimized by itself without the factory deflectors.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Go to Brake Cooling Deflector Plate for S550 on the Vorshlag Website , and under performance arm I believe I just selected Performance Pack as I undid the three factory bolts and then redid the attachment with the ones they supplied.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
.........and by the way, congrats! I assume you are going to get camber plates also, correct?
Eventually, yes. But with only one track day left this year I am going to run it stock as delivered to baseline it. It will be a learning day, no screaming howling tire noise will be happening. Just keep the tires hooked up and happy. I do intend to put plates on next spring but not a lot more than that, just the long arp studs and open nuts to run 305s on 11s up front, already have them bought and in stock for next spring.
Really liking this car, it just feels more refined than the '11 and the '16 cars did. But it's also got teeth, just haven't brought them out much yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors