The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Max negative camber on steeda camber plates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
CA
What's the maximum negative camber that people have got from the steeda camber plates? I have a 2014 S197 GT and was able to only get -1.3 and -1.9. Im lowered on P springs. I'm thinking of expanding the strut tower opening, but im wondering if I should just get the vorshlag camber plates instead? thanks!

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
What's the maximum negative camber that people have got from the steeda camber plates? I have a 2014 S197 GT and was able to only get -1.3 and -1.9. Im lowered on P springs. I'm thinking of expanding the strut tower opening, but im wondering if I should just get the vorshlag camber plates instead? thanks!
Get the Vorshlags, you won't be disappointed. I can get close to -4 with mine.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
CA
thanks folks. I think im just going to go with vorshlag plates and cut the strut towers. when I took the mustang out on track, it had awful understeer, so im hoping this will solve the problem.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just a note, when I added P springs to my car I really did not like the handling, it tended to not want to turn in. Adding LCA relocation brackets helped a lot. Not to mention if you run with out a rear sway bar, or with the fronts too stiff. Lots of info here on TMO about suspension setups, squat etc etc.

Last edited:
Yes get the vorschlage ones. I had the steedas for years (they came in the car) the were reliable and built well but you will never get more than 2.o out of them without elongating the strut bolt holes and even then your pushing it and running them in places they weren’t intended for

TMO Supporting Vendors