The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Caledon ON Canada
Hi everyone

New to the forum, from the Toronto area. I recognize some names here from when I used to hang out on Corner-Carvers.

Old enough to have bought a Fox new in 87, did a bit of drag racing, got invited to a Solo I event, got hooked on corners from there. Did auto-X as well, got a cage in the car and was doing some amateur w2w at Mosport in the early 90s with it. Did some Canadian and US series Firehawk races in other cars with friends, and LD at Nelson Ledges once too,

More recently, some HPDE coaching with groups up here, and a few races with friends in Chumpcar and Lucky Dog in various cars with some podium visits.

Personal car these days is a plain white wrapper (stripe delete) 12 GT500 I got this year, my second S197 and 6th Mustang. Came here to be able to look at all of the accumulated knowledge and info for tweaking the new ride to make it a bit better on track. I realize a nose-heavy supercharged beast like it is not the best choice, but mainly I just wanted a nice S197 to have some fun with. A few weeks back I had it out on the small development track at Mosport which is pretty tight. It did surprisingly well even on old tires and a cold day, better than I expected.

For now it’s going to get basic springs & damper upgrades, caster plates, rear lower arms and brackets, panhard bar, and a square wheel & tire set. Later plans are for a Torsen diff and the 15”/14” brake upgrade. Should probably be considering heat exchanger upgrade options too, I don’t plan on any power tweaks to the car as 550 hp is enough for this old dude.

Cheers
Ed

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hi everyone

New to the forum, from the Toronto area. I recognize some names here from when I used to hang out on Corner-Carvers.

Old enough to have bought a Fox new in 87, did a bit of drag racing, got invited to a Solo I event, got hooked on corners from there. Did auto-X as well, got a cage in the car and was doing some amateur w2w at Mosport in the early 90s with it. Did some Canadian and US series Firehawk races in other cars with friends, and LD at Nelson Ledges once too,

More recently, some HPDE coaching with groups up here, and a few races with friends in Chumpcar and Lucky Dog in various cars with some podium visits.

Personal car these days is a plain white wrapper (stripe delete) 12 GT500 I got this year, my second S197 and 6th Mustang. Came here to be able to look at all of the accumulated knowledge and info for tweaking the new ride to make it a bit better on track. I realize a nose-heavy supercharged beast like it is not the best choice, but mainly I just wanted a nice S197 to have some fun with. A few weeks back I had it out on the small development track at Mosport which is pretty tight. It did surprisingly well even on old tires and a cold day, better than I expected.

For now it’s going to get basic springs & damper upgrades, caster plates, rear lower arms and brackets, panhard bar, and a square wheel & tire set. Later plans are for a Torsen diff and the 15”/14” brake upgrade. Should probably be considering heat exchanger upgrade options too, I don’t plan on any power tweaks to the car as 550 hp is enough for this old dude.

Cheers
Ed
Welcome!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Jersey
Thanks for adding me, Im Greg here in New Jersey. I purchased a 19' GT350 from a local dealer. Eight days later I was at the New Jersey Motorsports Complex running in HPDE Novice school in my wifes BMW club. Awsome time and I am already signed up for a two day event in June. Never ran on a track and was very impressed with the car. As compared to our 66' Mustang this ones incredible. I will be looking to utilize the installed Ford camber plates to provide for an improved track setup but do not plan much more right now. For now I just need lots more seat time i suppose. Looking forward to learning more from this site.

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for adding me, Im Greg here in New Jersey. I purchased a 19' GT350 from a local dealer. Eight days later I was at the New Jersey Motorsports Complex running in HPDE Novice school in my wifes BMW club. Awsome time and I am already signed up for a two day event in June. Never ran on a track and was very impressed with the car. As compared to our 66' Mustang this ones incredible. I will be looking to utilize the installed Ford camber plates to provide for an improved track setup but do not plan much more right now. For now I just need lots more seat time i suppose. Looking forward to learning more from this site.

View attachment 95482

View attachment 95483
Welcome to the group!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

View attachment 95482

View attachment 95483
Welcome!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and consider going to the " Built Thread " and telling us more about your GT. Listing what you have done from tires ( brand ) , wheels, shocks, brake pads, duct work, etc. might help folks on here give you some advice. Fun site and plenty of members willing to help and there is a huge contingent of TMO members who live in California!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Hanford Ca
Welcome and consider going to the " Built Thread " and telling us more about your GT. Listing what you have done from tires ( brand ) , wheels, shocks, brake pads, duct work, etc. might help folks on here give you some advice. Fun site and plenty of members willing to help and there is a huge contingent of TMO members who live in California!
Appreciate it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hello, new to the forum. I have a 2020 GT PP1 MT6 car, that I have been building for track days, and autocross racing. I am located in central California, and joined to try to learn more about this platform and it’s weaknesses.

View attachment 96126
Welcome!

TMO Supporting Vendors