The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motorcraft tie rods- buyer beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm doing some off-season maintenance and replacing my tie rods ('11 GT). I bought Motorcraft inners and outers, but they don't come with jam nuts or nuts for the outers (attaching to the spindle).

I took apart my old ones to get the jam nuts and re-use them, but it was a pain in the a$$.

The nuts on the outers are rusty and ugly. They're flange nuts with a nyloc inset, so not something a hardware store would have. Tasca lists them individually, but after I ordered them I got an email saying they were back-ordered with no delivery date. I'm still searching for replacements.

I bought Motorcraft because I thought I was getting quality parts. I'm not so sure about that now.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I don’t know the thread size, but would some like this suffice?

I don’t know if that link works, but search for flanged lock nuts…

I was able to find new nuts for the outers on ebay. Ford PN is W705606-S440.
However, must of the other brands on Rock Auto come with hardware (according to the pics)

IMG_1686.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel