The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang GTD Spotted in the Wild...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I think there was a member here that's a big time Ford racer or something that was slated for one. Maybe that was for the race version though.
If I remember correctly that would be @treynor. He was at the unveiling and said he was allocated one.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
If I remember correctly that would be @treynor. He was at the unveiling and said he was allocated one
Off topic but he also just posted the fastest time at COTA in a GT car

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I don't know. It could be. If it was in Virginia, they may have been at VIR as well as doing some road testing. :idontknow:
I know we could play the guessing game all day but I would assume Sterling, Virginia. It’s where the people of wealth and government reside in the area. A lot of exotic car shows. Koons Sterling is also the biggest Mustang dealer on the east coast I believe. I think. Not sure

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Off topic but he also just posted the fastest time at COTA in a GT car

Treynor can drive from the videos I have seen. It is good to see someone with the means to own cars most of us dream about actually driving them instead of just looking at them.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Cool looking car just wish the splitter wasn’t a mile off the ground. For a car like this it should be low, to hell with approach angles.
It has variable ride height like the Porsches, etc. - guessing it was up to clear the curb cut into the gas station.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Alright, forums are fun and all, but seriously people, just read the description next time somebody actually unveils a new car...

No, this is not a production model, as the Mustang GTD is a 2025 MY, so nobody will get their keys before the end of the year (unless Bill Ford probably :)). This is what we call a pre-production prototype.
Yes, this is in Virginia, doing some testing.
Yes, it has active ride height (NOT like the Porsches, as the Porsches only have front axle lift, which the GTD also has), and here it is in road mode. Track mode is 40mm lower.
Yes, it's 300k$ and more.
Yes, it looks like Darth Vader, and I love that.
Yes, Treynor can drive, but NO, he hasn't got this one yet, and he's busy playing with his new GT MKIV, that should keep him occupied for a while :)
And we are building 2500 of them.

Again, all of this was announced when we revealed the car last year.

TMO Supporting Vendors