The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Purple Group-Session 3 (corkscrew)-LS2_6034_Jun3019_CaliPhoto2.jpg

S550 My babying track car Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

My 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack. Slowly modified over the years to turn it into a fun HPDE/time trial car while still being able to take my little one to daycare.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rule of thumb is every 100 lbs lost is worth a second on a two mile road course!
100%. Especially important for me in that most of my driving will likely be at Waterford Hills (my local track) which is rather optimized for smaller momentum-based cars... so basically Spec Miata. Only chance at setting good lap times will be to work towards making the car agile and planted in low- to mid-speed corners.

That being said, it's probably pretty obvious too that most of what I've done to the car and my future plans are oriented around building feel and confidence more than anything else. As far as I'm concerned, stock power output is more than enough for now, and probably for a good while.

Aero would be nice, but almost certainly not needed. Although the immature boy racer in me kinda wants to do an aero package for fun 🤣

Congratulations on the baby girl! I love the idea of keeping her car seat as a permanent fixture in the mustang! Mine gets swapped between my s197 or the '67 cougar. Our daughter is 2 now, and finally forward facing which is super nice. The tricky time is the stage when they're out of the clip-in/seperate base style seat, but still rear facing. It takes dedication, but it can be done.
I've not made it down to waterford hills yet, but I will say both Gingerman and Grattan are worth the longer drive for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel