The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Panhard brace w/Borla question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, recently I have installed the BMR adjustable panhard bar, BMR panhard brace along with Borla OTA. The problem I am having now is the lack of support for the exhaust system allows the OTA pipes to rest nearly on top of the panhard brace. Under sudden, hard acceleration the OTA's will actually contact the brace making a quite loud "thunk". My question to you is, do you see any issues with shimming the brace down to allow for more clearance or is there another method to look at. I have tried adjusting the OTA so they sit as high as possible but again, with the lack of support on the exhaust system they essentially return to where they want anyway. Any information you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
You might try adjusting the intermediate pipes forward/backward/rotate, but when I ran into this issue on my 2006 GT I switched to a Steeda chassis brace that mounts the cross-bar about an inch lower for more clearance.

Tulsa, OK
I had this same problem when I had my Borla catback on my car. After a ton of trying I was able to get them adjusted high enough where they didn't hit. I also cut an inch off my over axle pipes where they connect to the mid pipe, not sure if this helped or not. I don't have this setup any more but I feel your pain...

I've played with this setup till I was blue in the face making every possible adjustment I could to no avail. The next/last thing I could think of was to shim it down, my only issue however, is will this complete defeat the purpose of having the panhard brace installed?

TMO Supporting Vendors