The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix at SCCA runoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those scoring at home, the 2.3 turbo got a 1mm smaller restrictor and 75 pound BoP penalty this year.
It's now the porkiest Mustang of the bunch at 3625

sfo
For those scoring at home, the 2.3 turbo got a 1mm smaller restrictor and 75 pound BoP penalty this year.
It's now the porkiest Mustang of the bunch at 3625

I find this kind of thing so irritating. The T rules allow stuff like double adjustable shocks, different clutches, different differentials, different brakes, massaged ECU's, Any factory ABS ECU like from the FP350's. Some cars get expensive wings.

It pains me when I spend say $1000 on the diff and that give me a second then SCCA takes the 1sec back with ballast and restrictor. Why not let me keep the $1000 and just allow only OEM Diffs?

Lead isn't cheap! When I ran my C5Z06 in T2 I had 300lbs of ballast! Right now that's $700 bucks of lead. Why not just not allow me to spend $6000 on the double adjustable shocks. I could have hit their target laptime and saved $6700!

Everytime I have to replace a restrictor the car needs to be retuned at $250 to 500/pop. I must have had 5 restrictor changes in 10 years or racing. I got to the point I just am too lazy for the hassle and just throw restrictor in and just run the car. Yeah I leave HP and torque on the table. What is that going to cost me? No clue...I have never had a fully optimized car.

OK Rant Off...

Well the T class cars are limited prep, the T4 class cars still use off the shelf parts. The T2 and 3 are a bit more liberal on suspension mods but the cars are basically stock.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
I work for Phoenix
I'm curious what you're doing to keep the car cool. I see the Ron Davis sticker, so that answers some of my question. Does he make an Eco specific rad or did you have a custom one built? I've talked to C&R about a rad. I'm just wondering if there are other options.

I'm curious what you're doing to keep the car cool. I see the Ron Davis sticker, so that answers some of my question. Does he make an Eco specific rad or did you have a custom one built? I've talked to C&R about a rad. I'm just wondering if there are other options.
Ron Davis radiator, ( we sent them a radiator to dimension for fitment.) oil cooler, and a aftermarket intercooler ( i forget the brand as its spec'ed in the rules)

4 poles
AJ in Gt2 with Brand X ( corvette)
T1 with the most awesome Boss 302 ever built
Kurt in T2 with a Coyote Mustang
Marshall in T3 with the fat little 2.3 turbo.

It should be a good race, the track is acting sort of funky, and it's possible that it might become a tire preservation race with the Porsches and BMWs

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Ron Davis radiator, ( we sent them a radiator to dimension for fitment.) oil cooler, and a aftermarket intercooler ( i forget the brand as its spec'ed in the rules)
How cool can you keep it with this? I've road raced this engine N/A and it's best when water is ~180 deg. & oil pretty steamy (although it was hard to get too much of a temp spilt). Do you have enough rad to keep it that cool or is it warmer? I'm on E30 and that seems to help a little, but the stock rad is nowhere close to racetrack ready. Even my HPP, which has a slightly big than normal isn't enough.

Have you ducted your radiator and intercooler? I was only running ~350whp but ducting on the oem PP rad with ac removed worked wonders for me. With an oil cooler would of course have been even better.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel