The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCCA runoffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T1 @ about 2:32

T2 @ about 8:00

Pardon my ignorance but what is the basic rule set and handicapping system in those T1 and T2 divisions? How do they get such different cars to be so competitive with each other? I looked around a bit but couldn't find the basic rules.

Great videos and thanks for posting.

Pardon my ignorance but what is the basic rule set and handicapping system in those T1 and T2 divisions? How do they get such different cars to be so competitive with each other? I looked around a bit but couldn't find the basic rules.

Great videos and thanks for posting.
I can't answer that very well, but everything from weight, to restrictor to tire size plays into it

I can't answer that very well, but everything from weight, to restrictor to tire size plays into it
I'm sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean to ask for a list of all the granular details. But do I assume correctly there is a lot of tweaking of tires, weight, and restrictor plates that gets the field evened up in that manner? Is there a link to the basic rules and categorizations?

I'm sorry, I was unclear. I didn't mean to ask for a list of all the granular details. But do I assume correctly there is a lot of tweaking of tires, weight, and restrictor plates that gets the field evened up in that manner? Is there a link to the basic rules and categorizations?
Yes, it's all in play, the SCCA does a pretty respectable job of making all the cars competitive.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel