The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pitt Race

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbeater and I have been invited up here after the IMSA race at Mid O. I know nothing about the track so can you guys please educate me a bit.
It's June 10 n 11

Superbeater and I have been invited up here after the IMSA race at Mid O. I know nothing about the track so can you guys please educate me a bit.
It's June 10 n 11
This is a great instructional vid from their lead instructor. 1-2 is a long sweeping bend. Don't be too late on turn in and stay off the curb. There is a small patch of asphalt past the road on the right that is ok to just touch. Pic 1. Definitely listen to his "1 thousand and one" between the turn in between 3 and 4 otherwise you will end way up on the curb which can upset balance. The turn in cones are usually set up pretty good but don't wait till you are at the corner to begin your turn. When Jack says late apex in the video listen. 10 is super late and blind. Watch for the cone and asphalt road on the right. If you wait til the end of the asphalt that's too late. Pic 2. Most are except for 14 and 16 which, if you choose, are straight over the curbs. 14 is blind use the cone until you get your timing. Between 14 and 15 there is a dirt patch where people go off track a bit. That's your exit target. It's just past the curb. Pic 3. I try not to use the whole width of the track between 14 and 15 . Maybe 2/3 at most - carries more speed through 15 and keeps you out of the clag. I really don't have much more. Maybe @JeffV8 can chime in. Take a look at the track description. I tried to add what I could. I would stop out to say hi but stuck working and see it's a private event.

Screenshot_20240523_080436_Maps~2.jpgScreenshot_20240523_082858_Maps~2.jpgScreenshot_20240523_083406_TrackAddict~2.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel