The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Question about flashing PCM by Ford before loading a new tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Not sure what happened to your X4. I uploaded two different tunes today from my new X3....Track Key had zero influence on the process. Both tunes worked fine...vehicle ran fine with no codes or CEL's.

Maybe SCT needs to work out a few bugs. Hope they get this sorted out for you quickly.

Wayne

Well finally found out what the issue was and I am not casting blame on anyone....after flashing my PCM back to the stock strategy and rewriting the tune, it all worked. A lot of headache and frustration, but it all finally worked out today. Definitely not an issue with the X4 at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Interesting. So do you think the issue is with having a '13 or using the X4? Seems like it's one of those since there are '12s with TK that loaded from an X3.

Glad you got it working!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
chadh1203 said:
Well finally found out what the issue was and I am not casting blame on anyone....after flashing my PCM back to the stock strategy and rewriting the tune, it all worked. A lot of headache and frustration, but it all finally worked out today. Definitely not an issue with the X4 at all!

Great!

Looking forward to hearing about the blower mode.

Haha well she pulls like a train! I haven't gone WOT because I put in a new clutch so I'm counting down the miles finding any excuse I can to rack in some wear on my clutch before WOT. Haha.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel