The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interest in Ford Racing Splitter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi TMO,

I am getting the M-16601-S - World Challenge Splitter into solidworks so I can get some more of them waterjet for myself since Ford no longer makes them and they are not very easy to get your hands on. I know... there are better splitters out there that will make more DF, but having a spare Ford Racing splitter may be rather convenient for lots of folks I would imagine.

Would anyone have any interest in one? I don't have pricing yet (I imagine pricing would be a large driving factor for peoples interst...), but I am just throwing a feeler out there. I wouldn't make any money on them, I would just ask to pay for the material/labor for a local water jet shop to cut them + shipping charges.

Also, conviniently, once I have the CAD done up, I can very eaisly just push the leading edge out by whatever length someone would want, have it retain the OEM mounting locations but get a slightly larger version of the splitter... could also encorporate an under K-member section as well. Again, not trying to make money on this, but if I am already doing the work for myself, I figure it may help others out since these splitters are no longer made.

Anyone have any amount of interst in them assuming a reasonable price (I hope under 500 bucks per blade, but I need to get the CAD finished and sent to the shop for quote... then I would have a better idea).

To the Admins - hopefully this post is kosher since I am not marketing/trying to make a profit, just looking to help fellow S197's out :)

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Idea sounds cool to me. But events and costs forced me to go with plywood since they do not last long. Been through 4 of them so far. Maybe one day I will make one from aluminum.......

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Hi TMO,

I am getting the M-16601-S - World Challenge Splitter into solidworks so I can get some more of them waterjet for myself since Ford no longer makes them and they are not very easy to get your hands on. I know... there are better splitters out there that will make more DF, but having a spare Ford Racing splitter may be rather convenient for lots of folks I would imagine.

Would anyone have any interest in one? I don't have pricing yet (I imagine pricing would be a large driving factor for peoples interst...), but I am just throwing a feeler out there. I wouldn't make any money on them, I would just ask to pay for the material/labor for a local water jet shop to cut them + shipping charges.

Also, conviniently, once I have the CAD done up, I can very eaisly just push the leading edge out by whatever length someone would want, have it retain the OEM mounting locations but get a slightly larger version of the splitter... could also encorporate an under K-member section as well. Again, not trying to make money on this, but if I am already doing the work for myself, I figure it may help others out since these splitters are no longer made.

Anyone have any amount of interst in them assuming a reasonable price (I hope under 500 bucks per blade, but I need to get the CAD finished and sent to the shop for quote... then I would have a better idea).

To the Admins - hopefully this post is kosher since I am not marketing/trying to make a profit, just looking to help fellow S197's out :)
What year of the S197 platform will they fit?

Thanks I have been thinking about adding aero. Any idea what wing would balance out the splitter?
I run a APR 250 which is pretty similar to what the 302s ran, this splitter I’ll be replicating by was also what the 302s ran. I have had a slightly to much rear DF which I fixed with a larger splitter instead of taking some rear wing out… then promptly tore the front of my car off by going off and having the splitter shovel into the ground. So I’ll be taking a bit of rear wing out and running the ford performance splitter again haha.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
Yes. Pricing is a big factor. Staying tuned for any updates!

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I did something similar a while ago with the world challenge 10-12 splitter (might be the same part)? This is the only picture I have on hand (doesn't show drill points) but have an EPS we were using to waterjet replacement blades with. Couldn't differentiate between the ones we had cut and the original units from Ford.

splitter.png

I did something similar a while ago with the world challenge 10-12 splitter (might be the same part)? This is the only picture I have on hand (doesn't show drill points) but have an EPS we were using to waterjet replacement blades with. Couldn't differentiate between the ones we had cut and the original units from Ford.

View attachment 93289
Oh hot damn, that is definitely what I am after.
Would you mind sharing? I plan to get the holes CADed in to make it a bulletproof plug and play replacement with no drilling needed (waterjetting a few more holes is basically free).

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
I have the EPS with the outer path - looking for the revision with the mounting holes included (though I do remember having to open up one hole on two positions that were mirrored, not by much but hopefully I can find which two - they were slightly too wide in X axis). I'll upload it shortly

TMO Supporting Vendors