The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 RinerAutomotive's CAM-T Mustang Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Day 2 of Autocross Week, which is the first day of actually racing. I out classed myself by reading the rules too literally. The rules for Classic, which my year car would fit into, said stock style suspension components. My car doesn't have stock style, but still uses some stock mounting points. But I read that and moved myself to Super Sport, which turns out to be Porsche GT3, Camaro ZL1, C5, C6, and C7 Corvettes. No way in hell I'm keeping up with those cars. Especially without PAX. But I'm up for the challenge if I can't change class.

First event was at Pitt Race on their skid pad which is a large somewhat flat asphalt pad. It does have some sloping that caused some off camber turns. The course was fast and fun, but I just could not get a handle on it and could not break out of the 63s range. To be competitive I needed to be in the 60-62 second range. One thought I had was my mind was probably preoccupied with the 3 hour drive ahead. Which I have never done in this car before and it has had overheating and drivability issues previously.

The drive.....was absolutely fantastic!!! We took back roads to Punxsutawney, PA, which was the required check point. We had a pop up car show in the town center park which was cool. The car cruised perfectly straight and coolant stayed right at 202 deg where I had it set. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect first drive. Huge relief off my shoulders, hopefully I can race better now.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
With 10 runs on the first day, I guess you really didn't need a re-run for that downed cone on the first run. ;)

The event website https://autocrossweek.com/rules/ might be a bit out of date, but with the change from McStrut to SLA on the front, I think that would count as a change to the "factory-designed... suspension design." So in my reading of those rules, I'd put you in Super Sport. Unfortunately, that does put you in with (potentially) much faster vehicles, but every ruleset needs to put a line between classes somewhere. Good job on doing well in a tough class so far -- eagerly awaiting updates.

Were the transits treated as a TSD rally with ideal arrival times at checkpoints, or did you just need proof you were at a checkpoint to prove you didn't take a shortcut between venues/hotels?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
With 10 runs on the first day, I guess you really didn't need a re-run for that downed cone on the first run. ;)
That was my thought and never stopped for a down cone throughout the week. Some people did obviously. And in hindsight it could have helped the course workers know there was a downed cone. They were spread pretty thin at all events. So we didn't have to work course they hired people to work course all day but only had one person at each corner station.

The event website https://autocrossweek.com/rules/ might be a bit out of date, but with the change from McStrut to SLA on the front, I think that would count as a change to the "factory-designed... suspension design." So in my reading of those rules, I'd put you in Super Sport. Unfortunately, that does put you in with (potentially) much faster vehicles, but every ruleset needs to put a line between classes somewhere. Good job on doing well in a tough class so far -- eagerly awaiting updates.
I heard they were using similar rules as with some of the drag and drives, so not quite autocross related and definitely not SCCA rules. They were trying to figure out how to get the SCCA guys to come do this. Hence the new Stock Touring class for this year.

Were the transits treated as a TSD rally with ideal arrival times at checkpoints, or did you just need proof you were at a checkpoint to prove you didn't take a shortcut between venues/hotels?
Just prove with a photo on our phone that our car was at the checkpoint. I think some of the drag and drives do similar. It seemed more like an opportunity for everyone to stop and socialize. There were talks about doing next year more like a rally. But sometimes just like to cruise or check out other sights. So we'll see, I think the rally portion would be optional.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Day 3 of Autocross Week was an absolute blast. Best day so far. The autocross was at UMI, which is a circle track with a tight infield. So having grades, barriers, grass, poles were all new to me and took a bit to get comfortable with. Once I was confident in the grip I really pushed those things out of my head and concentrated on hitting my marks and looking ahead. I really noticed in a few spots, namely the lefthander going over the small hill onto the circle track that looking ahead here allowed me to pick up the throttle earlier which resulted in a lot of time gain.

Also, I overheard someone asking why they got bumped up to a higher class. I asked a simple question about being in a higher class with a car that should be lower and they said my car should be in Classic not Super Sport. Yay! I can now race with cars similar to mine and potentially be competitive. I also heard some of the cars in Classic had subframe swaps which is technically different from factory....But I'm happy they moved me without me really asking or pleading my case.

I really pushed the car and myself at this event. I think this might have been the best I've ever driven and I was having fun. All those things led to me winning my class and by a good margin, 0.360 seconds. Which doesn't sound like much but in the world of competitive autocross that can sometimes be hard to find. Again we got so many runs, I did 14 out of 16, which helped to get comfortable and push.

Afterwards, we had a long highway drive from Clearfield, PA to Akron, OH with a checkpoint stop at Summit Racing in Ohio. Driving the car on the interstate sounds like it would be dreadful, but I had the best time just cruising in a convoy with 8 other cars. Highlight moment for me. Not on the interstate yet but here is the convoy, can also see the smoke from Canada:
PXL_20230607_191610424.jpg

Next day is at Dragway 42, which is going to be the fastest and longest course yet.

Now for the video:

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Day 4 of Autocross Week at Dragway 42 was fast. The course was on the dragway paddock roads that form a grid system. It was over a mile long and took forever to walk. I only got one walk but it wasn't too difficult to read. During the drivers meeting they said it will be over 90 second course and if you're at or under 90s then you're flying. I've never been on a course so long, so remember every corner could be a problem.

After the morning session I was in the 90 second range, although not clean. The pressure was on for the afternoon session to get some fast clean runs. The best I could do were some 91 second runs, which was good enough for second in class. I was excited for that and definitely helped my overall position.

I had a great convoy crew with other guys from North Carolina.
IMG_2354.JPG

The checkpoint place for today was Trick Flow, which I run Trick Flow heads so I was excited to check out the facility. It's a lot smaller operation that I thought, which is pretty cool. Then I got to show off my car some and answered a lot of questions about the engine and suspension setups. I think they should sponsor me ;)
PXL_20230608_204236578.jpg

Then I completed the drive back to where we started at Pitt Race. I was finally reunited with my truck and trailer after about a 500 mile round trip. Back on the first night I slept in a tent but Pennsylvania at night gets colder than I thought. Instead of setting up my tent and possibly being cold all night again I just slept in the back of my truck. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but I didn't freeze.

Going into the last day I'm sitting 3rd in class overall and have the possibility for second if I drive well. However, this is the location that I did the worse at on day 1 and my competition is very good.

Video time

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Day 5 of Autocross week!!! I was back at Pitt Race skid pad where we started. It was time for redemption on this course. The course was basically the reverse of the one on Tuesday. Which runs better since you start slow and end fast. I felt the momentum was in my court and the car was driving well.

This Porsche 944 was also in my class and had a LS crammed under the hood. Since they were basically the same color our cars were nicknamed the Battleships. I had a great time meeting and hanging out with new people.
PXL_20230609_171114385.jpg
Now for the racing...Things started off really well. I went into the lunch break (5 runs) sitting first in class. I brought my front splitter but didn't run it all week as I was worried about it hitting during street driving. But now we were at the last location. I asked the guys in my class if they caried if I put the front splitter on, they didn't. So after lunch I installed the front splitter to see if I could pick up any more time. I didn't. Not sure if it was my driving or the splitter. For the last run I removed it again and ran my second fastest run. So maybe the car is faster without the front splitter?

Unfortunately, the other guys in my class were able to find time after lunch. I dropped to 3rd by the end of the day. What was cool was that out of the 4 events we had 3 different winners, so competition was really close. If I had done better on the first day then maybe I could have finished higher overall in class, but I finished in 3rd place in class and super stoked with that. Really gives me confidence that the car and I are competitive outside just my local region. I need to work on being more consistent and running faster times earlier instead of my last run. But I hoping to do more events outside of my local region.
PXL_20230609_201431638.jpg
Thanks for following along!
Video:

Dave_W

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Congratulations on the trophy! Super awesome job of both car building and driving.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Hot off of autocross week we went to a local autocross. But before we did that we drove from VA to Pittsburgh so Ashley could go to Taylor Swift. I didn't go to the concert as I'm not spending that much on tickets, but I'm always down for a road trip. Plus I got to drive my new daily driver, a 2017 VW GTI. It's a very fun car and decent on fuel (but way better than my Duramax).
IMG_2386.JPG

The event was at the same site that we ran back in April, where I didn't do so well (finished in the 20s for raw and pax). But I've done some good upgrades since then (lower rear spring rate and more front caster), plus a lot of driving. Ashley has won last two events with this club. So expectations are high for both of us.

We started the day by receiving our 2nd place trophies from the 2022 season. I know a little late but some things take time. This is the biggest trophy I have ever won.
FB_IMG_1687417566240.jpgPXL_20230618_143237497 (1).jpg
Ashley ran in the 2nd heat and had 4 other ladies in her class. She drove well, but not with the same fire she had at the previous event. She was definitely trying though. She was the fastest lady in raw time, but her class is PAX based. She finished 2nd by 0.069s!! So close but that is still really good point haul for the year end championship.
Ladies.png

I ran in the 3rd heat and had 7 other competitors in my class. One of them being a PAX killer (0.793) HCS 911 with a very fast driver. Along with some fast corvettes. But I know my Mustang is fast :). On my second run Ashley rode with me and she's my good luck charm. I set a banger of a time which went unmatched in class (based on PAX). But, it was also a banger of a run overall. So I finished 1st in Class, 1st in PAX, and 3rd in Raw. (Note the RX8 was actually a corvette, forgot to change car in software)
CAM.png
PAX.png
I did a little test during this event inspired by my results during Autocross Week where we ran some runs with the front splitter and some without. Interestingly, Ashley and I both ran our best times without the front splitter. Now that could be heavily influenced by our driving. Neither of us are 100% consistent. I felt the car handled better with the front splitter and the rear was less loose, but my times were slightly slower. I do know that my car is usually it's fastest when the rear feels loose. It rotates very well and can get through some tricky sections. The jury is still out if it's faster with or without the front splitter.

Now for the video:

Last edited:

Dave_W

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
That slalom before the middle sweeper looks like it was set up by someone trying Mario Bros. cheat codes - R-R-L-L-R-L-R-L = Turbo Boost. :D

I think you got the analysis right at the end - you were harder on the throttle on the exit of the middle sweeper, rather than carrying more speed in it. But the big difference was the first 3-cone slalom after that sweeper - your speed trace takes a short dive and then immediately starts climbing hard, whereas Ashely's levels off for a while. And then she can't make the peak speed you have after it, and she's losing time all the way to the finish. If you pause the video as each of you are at the middle cone in that element, you're carrying about 6mph more than she is.

I'm not sure, but the speed trace might be sync'ed by distance, but the video is sync'ed by time. So trying to compare the graph to the video gets harder at the end of the run. Watching the gap between the arrows on the track map helps, but a separate graph of time difference between the two runs would really show where you pulled ahead. Looking at the arrows on the track map, Ashley has you beat in the first 1/4 of the run, but you're more aggressive in the "cheat code" slalom and take a lead, then pull away from there.

I don't know if you're doing it and editing it out, but since you're playing with the splitter, and doing a great job with video on every run, you could do a list of any changes for the camera before each run and a quick "handling debrief" after each run. How did the car feel in the slaloms vs sweepers, how soon could you get on the throttle, etc. I'd be interested if Ashley didn't feel the car was as stable in the slaloms as you did, and that's why she was slower in them. Or maybe you just feel more confident "tossing" the car in transients, especially coming off all the seat time from Autocross Week.

Had to laugh at you jumping out of the timing van to get your trophy - I do the same thing. :thumbsup: Congrats to both of you, and those are some massive year-end trophies.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
That slalom before the middle sweeper looks like it was set up by someone trying Mario Bros. cheat codes - R-R-L-L-R-L-R-L = Turbo Boost. :D

I think you got the analysis right at the end - you were harder on the throttle on the exit of the middle sweeper, rather than carrying more speed in it. But the big difference was the first 3-cone slalom after that sweeper - your speed trace takes a short dive and then immediately starts climbing hard, whereas Ashely's levels off for a while. And then she can't make the peak speed you have after it, and she's losing time all the way to the finish. If you pause the video as each of you are at the middle cone in that element, you're carrying about 6mph more than she is.

I'm not sure, but the speed trace might be sync'ed by distance, but the video is sync'ed by time. So trying to compare the graph to the video gets harder at the end of the run. Watching the gap between the arrows on the track map helps, but a separate graph of time difference between the two runs would really show where you pulled ahead. Looking at the arrows on the track map, Ashley has you beat in the first 1/4 of the run, but you're more aggressive in the "cheat code" slalom and take a lead, then pull away from there.

I don't know if you're doing it and editing it out, but since you're playing with the splitter, and doing a great job with video on every run, you could do a list of any changes for the camera before each run and a quick "handling debrief" after each run. How did the car feel in the slaloms vs sweepers, how soon could you get on the throttle, etc. I'd be interested if Ashley didn't feel the car was as stable in the slaloms as you did, and that's why she was slower in them. Or maybe you just feel more confident "tossing" the car in transients, especially coming off all the seat time from Autocross Week.

Had to laugh at you jumping out of the timing van to get your trophy - I do the same thing. :thumbsup: Congrats to both of you, and those are some massive year-end trophies.
Thank You! Yea they wanted to do legit trophies for last year's season and they are awesome. Ashley thinks it awesome you take the time to pause the videos and give great feedback. She says Hi and thank you! :D

One thing that can't see from the video and I'm sure you're aware of, but sometimes courses have to be setup around track conditions. That area is starting to get a lot of broken up asphalt.

I'm not sure how the speed graph was synced, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was by distance. I'm sure there is a way to set it, I know you can in the app, but not sure how to for Race Render. I definitely feel more confident tossing the car and having a loose rear than Ashley does.

I had intention of talking more about splitter vs no splitter, but some of my runs weren't that great (one I had forgot about an element and had a DNF). I think I did edit out some of those less than stellar runs to keep the video a manageable length. Not trying to hide or mislead, but got to make us look good 😉 Plus I probably just forgot to talk about it or didn't have good information at the time.

Dave_W

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
It seemed like a deceptively technical course - a lot of transients where you had to move the car laterally, but not where you could build a rhythm doing it. The slalom before the sweeper, and then the two 3-cone slaloms on the way back, as opposed to a longer evenly-spaced slalom. It makes you depend on your eyes and judgement / experience on how fast you can take each one.

Regarding the video notes, I was mainly suggesting it as another form of documentation for your own use. In my experience (maybe I'm just getting older) trying to remember how each run felt at the end of the day can be difficult, especially if you're doing instructor rides, packing the timing van, etc. Talking a few seconds into the camera while it's still fresh in your head gives you something you can evaluate later. I wasn't thinking you'd use it directly in your event videos, although it could aid in your post-event analysis & wrap-up if there's something interesting.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
This event was at a local circle track and was the first time in recent history that this club ran at this venue. Out of precaution, they designed a very conservative course, which I appreciate. No reason to run the risk of putting a car into the wall. The more they run at the site and figure things out, I'm sure the courses will get faster and stay safe.
IMG_2402.JPG
For this event it was just me, as Ashley had a prior commitment. The weather was very hot and did cause some very warm coolant. It didn't overheat but it was getting to the 230F range which is wild on a 40sec course. I'll address this later. But back to the event, after seeing the other cars I knew competition was going to be tight. I set a goal of being in the top 5 in PAX, which was going to be tough but doable.

I ran in the second heat out of four total. It took several runs to start pushing the car and figuring out where the time was. My times after the 3rd run were good for 2nd in PAX, but I knew there were some really fast drivers in the third and fourth heat. There was a very tight slow sweeper onto the finish straight. I have always been against downshifting and prefer to just stay in second gear as much as possible. But this turn was so slow that on the 4th I decided to try a downshift to first gear. This netted me some time but it wasn't that much faster than my 2nd and 3rd run. Next place I knew I needed to fix was the infield sweeper. I was going too hot into this turn and pushing wide on the exit. I initially thought maybe I could go wide entry to get a good run out but it just wasn't working out. For my last run I made sure to slow down for the infield sweeper and stay tight to cut the distance. This along with being more aggressive in a few other spots netted over a 1 second improvement!! So at the end of the second heat I was sitting 1st in PAX and 2nd Overall. But I knew that would not hold after the remaining two heats.

As I watched and worked the remaining heats I watched fast times being set and my position tumble. At the end of day where did I end up?? Raw time I was able to stay in the top 10 with a 6th position. Then for PAX I finished 4th!!! I met my goal of being in the top 5. I was sitting in 3rd PAX until the BRZ's last run, so close. But that driver is a national champion in a CSP Miata, so I wasn't surprised when he jumped up the standings once he got a clean run. And the Mini Cooper is winning almost every event he enters (turbo 4cy has more HP than my V8).

Raw.pngPAX.pngRaw.png

This event was so much fun and I'm stoked with my standings.

I finally got around to putting a gopro on the front suspension. Check out run #3 for a full run of just the suspension working. It is a super cool view seeing the SLA actually going up and down, along with seeing the tire flex. It has me more convinced that maybe 285 on 10.5 would be a better option than the 295. Also it's interesting to see the lower control arm rotate some due to the sway bar. That is going to need attention in the future.

Check out the full event video:

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to agree a bunch of slaloms with a wall that close is questionable , and they could probably use the infield better. If they put workers outside said infield and not inside and they could do more with track design. Interesting post and notice you only listed a few of the times but with all the cars in your video intro it appears you had a good turnout?!

Last edited:

Dave_W

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
"Sometimes you have to go slower to be faster." To most people it doesn't make sense until you find a situation like this and it works.

Watching the suspension cam, I'm not sure if the sway bar bracket on the lower arm is flexing, or it's axtually torquing/twisting the arm itself, or maybe some of both. Taller gussets on the side to make it less of a plate and more of a C-channel would help reduce the flex of the bracket. Watching the head of the bolt for the bottom of the coilover, it seems to flop around depending on which direction the car is going, though it could be a visual illusion.

Congratulations on hitting your target against tough competition. Are you thinking of heading out to Lincoln for Nationals this year?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Have to agree a bunch of slaloms with a wall that close is questionable , and they could probably use the infield better. If they put workers outside said infield and not inside and they could do more with track design. Interesting post and notice you only listed a few of the times but with all the cars in your video intro it appears you had a good turnout?!
I've recently seen some videos of old layouts they've done at the site. I have faith the new leadership will design some good courses as they figure it out. It was their first time designing a course at this site. I mentioned it in the video but forgot in the post, but there was a great turnout of 73 cars. This was one of the largest turnouts that club has had in recent years.
"Sometimes you have to go slower to be faster." To most people it doesn't make sense until you find a situation like this and it works.

Watching the suspension cam, I'm not sure if the sway bar bracket on the lower arm is flexing, or it's axtually torquing/twisting the arm itself, or maybe some of both. Taller gussets on the side to make it less of a plate and more of a C-channel would help reduce the flex of the bracket. Watching the head of the bolt for the bottom of the coilover, it seems to flop around depending on which direction the car is going, though it could be a visual illusion.

Congratulations on hitting your target against tough competition. Are you thinking of heading out to Lincoln for Nationals this year?
It's that lower coilover bolt that I noticed making me think the lower arm if rotating some. I would think it should go up and down. I've been having an issue with the jam nuts on the suspension tube on the rear of the LCA loosening, which maybe due to this twisting? But I need to do more investigation.

I plan to redesign the sway bar setup for next year. I want to get rid of this style end link.

No plan of Nationals right now. It's a 20+ hour drive for me. I never had aspirations of going to nationals, but now that I'm getting competitive that is starting to change. I'll see if I change my mind in the next couple of years.
I've got that going slower part down PAT.....it' the getting faster part that seems to be a problem..........:ohdamn:
🤣🤣

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Attended another local autocross in the drag strip parking lot. The weather was HOT. Which provided another challenge for us. My car does not have AC or even a blower motor (this may be something I rethink in the future).

The course was typical for this location although they changed the start line location and included a loop. But the tight 180 sweeper and weird offset slaloms avoiding bad asphalt were still there.

I ran in the first heat. There was one other CAM-T car but not prepped, just a beautiful 86 Mustang. But the CAM-C GT350R was running with this club for the first time this year. Last event I was able to out PAX him, let's see if I can once again. After my first couple of runs I was fast, but not clean. Additionally, after my second run my car became a dual driver car. One of the other guys that was codriving a Corvette only got one run before that car broke. So I let him codrive a couple runs with me. This was fun but put more heat stress on the tires and engine. On my last run I finally got a clean one but it was 1 second slower than my fastest dirty run and that dirty run I screwed up the last obstacle which caused me to go over the finish quite slow. In the end I finished 5 in class, while my codriver finished 2nd. Him and I both had times which if were clean would have been first in class and top PAX. 😞
CAM.png
Ashley ran in the third heat, so the sun was in full force by this point. She ran clean mostly, but struggled to push herself faster. I rode with her on the 4th and 5th runs. Her 4th run was 2.5s faster than the 3rd run, but with a cone. For some reason she drives more aggressively, when someone else is in the car. I think at this point she was sitting 3rd in class, with one run left. Just needed to repeat 4th run but clean. Fifth run was clean and fast but 0.06 secs slower than 4th run. She had first in class at this point, but one lady left to run. The other lady jumped her by 0.044 secs after PAX. Ashley finished the event with a respectable 2nd place. Since she was so close in time (0.044s) to first place, she still brought home really good points for the year end championship (99.9 to be exact).
Ladies.png
I reviewed the TrackAddict data collected for my runs, Ashley's, and my codriver. For some reason I could not figure out the last slalom before the finish. Entering the slalom between Ashley and I, I was only a few MPH faster. But the rear axle came around on me multiple times. I'm not sure if I was braking and upsetting the car? This compromised backsiding the next cone and getting back on the power. While Ashley did it perfecting and was able to get back on the power to the finish right at the second cone. She went through the finish 10mph faster than me, which is tons of time!

Comparing my last run, to my fastest dirty run I lost time in the launch. For those that say the launch doesn't matter that much, it definitely can depending on course design. I bogged bad on my 5th run. I think I rushed and didn't get the car up on 2-step long enough and launched the car when rpm was starting to drop or something. Then that last slalom, which I couldn't get right.

Overall I lucked out for the overall PAX championship, in that a number of the other fast drivers were at another event. I finished 8th in PAX out of 74 drivers. But it was my event to lose. The car was capable of winning top PAX, just I wasn't on that day. I know I shouldn't be hard on myself, but I was super bummed I didn't win since I was so close. True Champions are on it all the time and don't have off days. Still working on it...

Video time!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I bought a new toy...a S1 sequential shifter! This is something I've had my eye on for a long while. They had a sale and I'm a sucker for precents off and free shipping.
MVI_2442-f000271.png
This shifter installs on a normal h-pattern transmission and makes the shifting behave like a sequential. So upshifts are pulling back and downshifts are pushing forward. No more mis-shifts. Overall, I think this is just a really cool piece of engineering.

Installation in the car requires some cutting of the transmission tunnel to fit the shifter. But overall install is super simple until it comes to aligning it. The mounting holes are oversized to allow the shifter to move in all directions. Additionally, it includes a 1mm and 2mm shim plate. So it was a lot of trial and error trying to get smooth shifting.
PXL_20230724_114518876.jpg
I also bought the gear indicator cause otherwise I'd have no idea what gear the car was in. I mounted it on the steering column so it's right in front of my view. I want to figure out some way to clean up the carpet around the shifter, but not sure at the moment.

After a test drive it's quite fun to drive. I don't think I would want to daily drive it, but it's more geared towards race cars anyway. Shifting is easy, but I am having an issue with reverse and 5th. Since they are on the same forward/back gate I think I need to try a different shim.

But for now here is the video on installation and first drive:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel