The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

s197 boss 302 a/c delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone done an air conditioning delete on an s197 Boss 302?
I've found a pulley from Power by the Hour (looks like a Ford Racing part?) but it requires a bracket system to deploy.
- Seems a bit complicated for what seems like a fairly straight forward delete.
My goal is to remove the a/c pump, accumulator, a/c core and any other tubes etc. I can yank out of the nose.
- Anyone?
As always thanks in advance for replies.

lbp said:
Anyone done an air conditioning delete on an s197 Boss 302?
I've found a pulley from Power by the Hour (looks like a Ford Racing part?) but it requires a bracket system to deploy.
- Seems a bit complicated for what seems like a fairly straight forward delete.
My goal is to remove the a/c pump, accumulator, a/c core and any other tubes etc. I can yank out of the nose.
- Anyone?
As always thanks in advance for replies.
Several of us have Lee. Here's the thread:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7827.0

I removed mine when I replaced the front end, not real hard. I made a block off plate for the firewall out if black ABS. I removed the piping, hoses, pump and the condenser, Piping is is in two parts held together by a bolt, split that up and it make it that much easier to remove. Have the system discharged first. It is under pressure.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
There is no idler pulley replacement needed like on the pushrod 5.0s. The compressor is on its own belt--just cut that with some scissors and then start removing stuff.

Like mentioned the refrigerant is pressurized so you'll have to have that evacuated by a shop or just let it blow green dye everywhere when you unbolt it.

The compressor itself is difficult to remove in-vehicle unless you raise the engine up or drop the K.

Have the refrigerant reclaimed. Some places will even buy it. What ever you do....Do not cut any hoses. They are under HIGH Pressure and can cause harm untill the system is evacuated. The dye is for leak dection. All it takes is a vaccumm pumpand, A/C guages and a storage bottle to put the gas in. So dont let a shop BS you when it comes to prices. Its simple.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel