The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 AIM Solo 2 issue resolved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hi everyone,

I have been working with AIM on their data logger and since we have to plug ours into the OBD and unplug it after we use it I asked them to make me a custom harness so I can put in a switch. I will be adding a hardwired switch somewhere within arms reach ( I have T-REX arms so it will be close) HAHAHHA!! Therefore, we can turn it on and off so we can still gather our data. I confirmed with AIM that this will work with all of the 2015+ platforms.

Once I have it installed I will post pics. Then I will talk to AIM about a group buy. Please let me know how much interest there is.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SF Bay Area
@byronj I'm thinking about getting a Solo 2 DL and saw your post. What's the reason to have to unplug it after each use?

Is the data channel support good for the GT350?

I've been using a Bluetooth OBD reader connected to RaceChrono on my iPhone, but the refresh rate is so low that the data isn't very useful--throttle info is super jumpy at 1 Hz refresh rate. I'm hoping the Solo 2 DL has a good refresh rate given the hard-wired connection.

Thanks

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SF Bay Area
Update - after a lot of back and forth with AIM and some testing. We finally got it to work.

@Hobdul the reason for the switch is to turn the AIM off when the car is shut off.
Cool, thanks for the update. If I bought a Solo 2 DL, do you know if it would it work out of the box? Or would I need a custom config file from AIM support? Looks like they show an S550 profile as supported, but sounds like we need a GT350-specific profile. Thanks.

Bay Area
Cool, thanks for the update. If I bought a Solo 2 DL, do you know if it would it work out of the box? Or would I need a custom config file from AIM support? Looks like they show an S550 profile as supported, but sounds like we need a GT350-specific profile. Thanks.
We need a GT350 specific cable that plugs into the OBD. The one I had AIM make you can wire it to a switch. Ive been relocating and might see my car this week. If I do and I remember Ill snap a pic how I set mine up

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
We need a GT350 specific cable that plugs into the OBD. The one I had AIM make you can wire it to a switch. Ive been relocating and might see my car this week. If I do and I remember Ill snap a pic how I set mine up

Thanks for paving the way! I’m in the process of switching from a TrackAddicts/GoPro set up to AIM for my GT350. If you could, I would certainly appreciate the part number(s), terminology and correct contact info.

Bay Area
Thanks for paving the way! I’m in the process of switching from a TrackAddicts/GoPro set up to AIM for my GT350. If you could, I would certainly appreciate the part number(s), terminology and correct contact info.

There is no PN . It was a custom piece I had AIM make for me. Call AIM ask fro Cameron and him to build the GT350 harness like he did fro Byron. If he doesn't remember then hit me up and Ill help you out.

TMO Supporting Vendors