The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Safest/Best Half Cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting thread, will be relevant to my build shortly. It definitely seems like CMS is the way to go, especially since it has more than two colors options. Also, the Watson Racing website doesn't really work and hasn't even been updated in five years, so that alone would be sketchy ordering from.

Only thing that's a bit odd about the CMS option - there is some conflicting messaging on what it fits. Does it only fit Shelby's? I hope that their quality assurance on their cage builds is better than their copy writing.

View attachment 97876

https://competitionmotorsport.com/c...lby-gt350-gt350r-gt500?variant=43236693541083
It will fit any S550 other than convertible. CMS was my first choice but then the price jumped up $500+ from when they were released plus a Chromoly Watson bar became available locally once i was ready to buy.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel