The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SEMA files Cali EV suit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No offense to anyone here, but it is absolutely mind boggling to me as to why anyone would chose to live in that state.
No offense taken. I do love the year round (relatively) warmer weather and being near the coast, but there are certainly compromises to living here, especially being a car guy. It's surprising how many car lovers still live here. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand what keeps me here though - it's a little like trying to explain to a non car person why you're drawn to cars. It doesn't really make sense. You just are. We all tend to be a walking paradox in some ways. I also love sugar even though it's not good for me. :)

Hopefully this lawsuit goes our way.

No offense taken. I do love the year round (relatively) warmer weather and being near the coast, but there are certainly compromises to living here, especially being a car guy. It's surprising how many car lovers still live here. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand what keeps me here though - it's a little like trying to explain to a non car person why you're drawn to cars. It doesn't really make sense. You just are. We all tend to be a walking paradox in some ways. I also love sugar even though it's not good for me. :)

Hopefully this lawsuit goes our way.
I hear the same about Minnesota because of the extreme winters ... and where I am, all the nut jobs don't impact my day to day existence. I'd love to move south but then I started seeing all the youTube videos of 5' snakes and decided the winters weren't so bad. Plus I'm not a big fan of people in general, so I might be stuck here. 😄 Home is where the heart is, even if its not perfect.

Home is where the heart is, even if its not perfect.
That pretty much sums it up for me. There will always be things that you love and plenty you don't no matter where you live.

I've always believed that the ICE ban would run into problems. A lawsuit was inevitable. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

One of the biggest issues is the lack of electrical generation capacity, with no known ability to resolve completely. Diablo Canyon is still scheduled to be shut and dismantled (even tho it supplies 9% of the states power), San Onofre went dark in 2012.

Wind and solar will simply NOT provide the amount of power the state thinks it will, ESPECIALLY when they want all vehicles to be electric.

Ironically, the week CA announced the ICE ban, we had our usual hot weather spell, and the state asked people to not use electricity to prevent black and brown outs. :rolleyes:

The state expects the local power companies to magically overcome the lack of capacity, yet the state keeps the utility companies hamstrung.

You guys have to be elated about their new plan for tax payer funded interest free $150K home loans...for illegal immigrants!!!
For $150k in Cali, do they take the wheels off the single wide for you? Asking for a friend.

For $150k in Cali, do they take the wheels off the single wide for you? Asking for a friend.
🤣🤣🤣

And I feared my previous tongue-in-cheek post would be frowned upon. Thank you Tracy for adding some humor!

If money wasn’t an issue I would live in CA. I just love the mix of landscape. Ocean, mountains and desert all in a short drive. Would have to trailer the Mustang everywhere as it wouldn’t be CA legal, or a Montana registration ;-)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel