The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members take plenty of Trophies at the SCCA Midwest Divisional Solo Competition ( Aug. 14-15 )!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The 2021 Midwest Divisional Championships were ushered in with fabulous weather after so many blisteringly hot 90 -100 days seen in Lincoln , Nebraska this year. Light winds and early morning temps in the upper 60s with highs in the mid 80s , meant drivers had super conditions to dance through the pylons. Mustangs careened through the cones with aplomb, with TMO members trophying in almost every Class they ran in. In fact , yours truly may have been the only member who did not trophy , but then I was running in an EVO 9 ( official tire warmer for my son Ryan ). Winners or trophy winners are listed below ;

Brian Meyer -- Winner in B Street in his 2020 GT 350
John LaRandeau - Winner in F Street in his 2016 PP1 GT
Al Hermans - 2nd Place in C Prepared
Dave Whitworth - 3rd Place in C Prepared

I need to go invite the drivers in CAMC and CAMT to join this merry Mustang band, as both Class Winners were in Mustangs.

It was fun to meet Al Hermans at the Divisionals since he is the SCCA Developement Mgr for Pylon Procurement , Race Staging , Valve stem legality and overall SCCA Cheerfulness. To be frank, his real title is so long I lost the rest of his duties somewhere after Development Manager. Now cheerfulness was thrown in since he is a typical Mustang Maniac and as SCCA's ambassador at the Event he was super helpful to all. Not only that , his mean 97 Cobra was only 8/10ths out of the win for the 2 day combined times event.

PS- have to throw out Kudos for my son, as he not only won his Class in A Street Prepared he beat all the cars out there other that a few of the Formula machines and a few full blown race prepared machines. I helped warm up his Hoosiers and ended up DFL, but I did my job and I reminded everyone willing to listen that I taught him everything he knows ( I think maybe 2 people actually listened ).

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The 2021 Midwest Divisional Championships were ushered in with fabulous weather after so many blisteringly hot 90 -100 days seen in Lincoln , Nebraska this year. Light winds and early morning temps in the upper 60s with highs in the mid 80s , meant drivers had super conditions to dance through the pylons. Mustangs careened through the cones with aplomb, with TMO members trophying in almost every Class they ran in. In fact , yours truly may have been the only member who did not trophy , but then I was running in an EVO 9 ( official tire warmer for my son Ryan ). Winners or trophy winners are listed below ;

Brian Meyer -- Winner in B Street in his 2020 GT 350
John LaRandeau - Winner in F Street in his 2016 PP1 GT
Al Hermans - 2nd Place in C Prepared
Dave Whitworth - 3rd Place in C Prepared

I need to go invite the drivers in CAMC and CAMT to join this merry Mustang band, as both Class Winners were in Mustangs.

It was fun to meet Al Hermans at the Divisionals since he is the SCCA Develpement Mgr for Pylon Procurement , Race Staging , Valve stem legality and overall SCCA Cheerfulness. To be frank, his real title is so long I lost the rest of his duties somewhere after Development Manager. Now cheerfulness was thrown in as his is a typical Mustang Maniac though as SCCA's ambassador at the Event he was super helpful to all. Not only that , his mean 97 Cobra was only 8/10ths out of the win for the 2 day combined times event.

PS- have to throw out Kudos for my son, as he not only won his Class in A Street Prepared he beat all the cars out there other that a few of the Formula machines and a few full blown race prepared machines. I helped warm up his Hoosiers and ended up DFL, but I did my job and I reminded everyone willing to listen that I taught him everything he knows ( I think maybe 2 people actually listened ).
Congrats everybody!

What are every bodies screen names?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I am Dave Whitwortth, but not batman :)
Congrats on a job well done....but not too dry, I like a little pink in the center.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good to see TMO down on your bottom panel , but if you wanna see a Decal check out ( and enlarge ) the Build Thread for my car pictured -- Das Boss S Bauen Thread!! Now those are some BigAss TMO decals!!

If you look near the door your will see the orange SPS sticker for Dave W's Solo Performance Specialties ( soloperformance.com ).

DaveW told me he was in DFL on Saturday , but he came back in what is essentially a CAMC car ( slapped some Hoosiers on the beast ) on Sunday to garner the last trophy in the Class. This is a bigger deal than some may realize as his company was also one of the two main Sponsors for the event and that meant that he worked his trailer ( essentially a fun little racer and autocross store ) from Friday through Sunday. Thanks Dave for being there and supporting the Midwest Divisionals.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Good to see TMO down on your bottom panel , but if you wanna see a Decal check out ( and enlarge ) the Build Thread for my car pictured -- Das Boss S Bauen Thread!! Now those are some BigAss TMO decals!!

If you look near the door your will see the orange SPS sticker for Dave W's Solo Performance Specialties ( soloperformance.com ).

Dave told me he was in DFL on Saturday , but he came back in what is essentially a CAMC car ( slapped some Hoosiers on the beast ) on Sunday to garner the last trophy in the Class. This is a bigger deal than some may realize as his company was also one of the two main Sponsors for the event and that meant that he worked his trailer ( essentially a fun little racer and autocross store ) from Friday through Sunday. Thanks Dave for being there and supporting the Midwest Divisionals.
Clearly, I'm not as important as you are, all they gave me was this little one....guess when I started my build thread there wasn't much expectation of it turning out as well as it did. lol.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually you are pretty damn mportant, the decals they sent me were in white and only about 8 inches long .................sooooo, I spent my own dime and had them done in a color and size you could see. You have to play " Where's Waldo," to find that little 8 inch long white TMO decal on a snowfall colored car, ha.

Dave told me he was in DFL on Saturday , but he came back in what is essentially a CAMC car ( slapped some Hoosiers on the beast ) on Sunday to garner the last trophy in the Class. This is a bigger deal than some may realize as his company was also one of the two main Sponsors for the event and that meant that he worked his trailer ( essentially a fun little racer and autocross store ) from Friday through Sunday. Thanks Dave for being there and supporting the Midwest Divisionals.
I never looked at results after either day, but I don't think I was really DFL on Satuday, I was just frustrated with how terrible my car was. A trip to Speedway saturday afternoon gave me the stuff to unf&ck it and it actually handled on Sunday.

Al Hermans was smokin fast all weekend, and Chris Miller always is, I was lucky to stay on the podium

DaveW

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Modesty by DaveW, working on his car's springs, taking care of the SPS Trailer and helping other drivers, the man doesn't sleep much when at a Solo or Track site. I am sorry you were not actually DFL Dave, because I definitely was, haha!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors