The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Number Sticker Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It Might work, but I'd probably just continue it straight forward towards the fender honestly as that area is just kind of barren on non-gt350's.

Getting a set of these is always an option.

Or these

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
Personal opinion, just run it to the door edge. The tapered trailing edge gives it some character. You would run into the 5.0 badge on the stock guard. Without the 350 vent the straight leading edge has nothing to line up with and if you curved it to match the wheel arch the trailing edge would be weird.
I suppose it would really depend on what you did to the rest of the car. @mavisky car looks absolutely MINT because of the total theme all over the car as opposed to just a single element.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 093346.png
Screenshot 2024-05-08 091424-2.pngScreenshot 2024-05-08 091424-1.png

Q spec has something nice for just the door area.

Or of course SPS has their Track Mustangs Online specific package which I previously ran in magnetic form.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
Personal opinion, just run it to the door edge. The tapered trailing edge gives it some character. You would run into the 5.0 badge on the stock guard. Without the 350 vent the straight leading edge has nothing to line up with and if you curved it to match the wheel arch the trailing edge would be weird.
I suppose it would really depend on what you did to the rest of the car. @mavisky car looks absolutely MINT because of the total theme all over the car as opposed to just a single element.
View attachment 95335
View attachment 95332View attachment 95334
I thought about running the decal to the door edge or tie it into a Race Louvers vent

1715138318253.png

The only problem though is that the Race Louvers vent has horizontal lines while the GT4 decal has an upward angled bottom edge to follow the lines of the car. Not sure how that'd turn out as a pair. Would be a sharp point where the two bottom edges meet. I suppose I could make a custom decal that curves straight into the Race Louvers vent....assuming I can install the vent perfectly straight.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
I thought about running the decal to the door edge or tie it into a Race Louvers vent

View attachment 95336

The only problem though is that the Race Louvers vent has horizontal lines while the GT4 decal has an upward angled bottom edge to follow the lines of the car. Not sure how that'd turn out as a pair. Would be a sharp point where the two bottom edges meet. I suppose I could make a custom decal that curves straight into the Race Louvers vent....assuming I can install the vent perfectly straight.
Definitely tie it in to the louvers.
"assuming I can install the vent perfectly straight." measure 3 times, ask for second opinion, sleep on it and still go "SH#T" before the first cut.
Bonnet vents kinda went like that when i did them.

Time to get some side shots and do a windows paint session, preferably better than my quickies done at work.

I did the majority of my livery with a laser level on a tri-pod and using 3M knifeless tape. The stuff cuts through vinyl amazingly easy and allows you to make lines including curves that without having to cut it out before hand and trying to get it square on the vehicle and without having to put knife to paint.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
DaveW has been doing racing decals for 25 years plus, so he do know what he be doing and there are a zillion SCCA and NASA drivers who swear by his company , Solo Performance.

DaveW has been doing racing decals for 25 years plus, so he do know what he be doing and there are a zillion SCCA and NASA drivers who swear by his company , Solo Performance.
Agreed, if you're wanting to purchase a solution from someone I'd trust Dave to knock it out for you. I'm just one of those "I'd rather do all the work myself even if the result is 90% of what it could be at best" type of people.

TMO Supporting Vendors